• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Somebody needs to tell @theNitza (blue and red clothing) that he made the cut for both photos in this article.:daffy:

Happy that PugSki got a big plug! The author gets free beer/wine at next Gathering:wine:
@Teppaz ....just saying!

... @Jim Kenney thank you. I was trying to remember his username.
At these events, its an interesting blend of...Hi my name is...(for real) and my Pugski name is (insert username)

For crying out loud, if everyone would use their name, I wouldn't have to use so many brain cells trying to remember two names for everyone. I can barely remember one name per person :doh:

*this won't get better as I age, will it?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ironically, when I heard my mother say, "Patricia Ellen"... I knew I was in trouble. :duck:

Ellen seems to be a popular middle name.

True story: When I was born, my parents wanted to name me after my grandma whose name was Gertrude Ellen
She told my parents Gertrude was a horrible first name and I'd always hate it, being called Gert, Gertie, Trudie, etc...
So they took her middle name and gave that to me as my middle name.

I actually think I'd have made a great Gertie.
My mother's name was Patricia and my daughter's name is Ellen. I suggested Ellen to my wife because we thought she would be tallish (5'11"), and this seemed like a good name for that as opposed to something more fluffy!

On topic, congratulations on the article! Ironically, I only have a Killington season pass and this year's NE Gathering will be my first.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's now online here . NYT does have a paywall but allows non-subscribers the viewing of a limited number of articles per month.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If someone on the east coast can pick up a couple of copies of the NYT, we would appreciate it.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Article came in the weekend Times travel section, which is all about skiing this week. I will pack it away to bring to Jackson for the Gathering.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well I totally forgot that the print article was today, so I didn't look around to buy one. And after calling all the local grocery stores, none carry it any more.

We will just order a nice copy from their website.

James

Out There
Instructor
The article has one of the photos, the chair shot, and mentions Pugski in the description.
Here’s a pdf taken of the paper. Not the best. The second pdf is just of the photo.

So I’ve got one copy of the travel section. Not that easy to find these days in VT. Maybe tmrw on the way back through the storm I’ll find an unsold copy in Mass.

Attachments

• NY Times Ski Art Pugski - Dec 1 2019 - 9-12 PM.pdf
    594.8 KB · Views: 26
  • NY Times Ski Pass Article - Dec 1 2019 - 9-09 PM.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • NY Times Ski Pass Article ‘19 - Dec 1 2019 - 9-32 PM.pdf
    690.8 KB · Views: 16
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recieved many e-mails today from east coasters, some I haven't heard from in years congratulating us on the article. Also, I would like to welcome the 15 20 or so new members who joined the site today, I am assuming many read the article.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Well I was able to pick up 2 copies new old stock! Though they charged the reg $6 each.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
If there is someone on the east coast that can pick up up a copy, we would appreciate it.
I just printed it from the NYT as Trish here has a subscription. Says Nov25 & updated Nov 27. Exactly the same as the first post here.
Printing a 2nd one for you. (but printer is black & White) May be able to get the hard copy from our neighbor.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
A good article. I also noted that Phil used specific examples of instances where each of the major passes were utilized, so Epic, Ikon and MCP all got a nice plug. Nicely done and very fair.
I agree--nice to acknowledge the differences and advantages each pass offers. Like you, I have tried them all. They've made it possible for me to ski many more, different places than I could have otherwise. Now I'll have to find a different topic for lift chats, though!