• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Are you ready for a $2000 fork?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I remember when the Judy Sl came out at like $650 and that was <<Mind Blown>> comparred to other forks. This seems very specialized (no pun intended) because it is a DH specific model.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Dunno how their bike stuff will be, but Ohlins is good for 2 or 3 seconds a lap on a road bike. Amazing stuff.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
They'll be available through CRC for below wholesale in two months.

While this is true of huge manufacturers like Shimano/SRAM...is it really true of boutique offerings like Ohlins? You don't see wholesale pricing on stuff like MRP via CRC.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I've got an Ohlins on the rear of my Stumpjumper and it's been great. However, the Ohlins forks while great performers have been a pain to get parts for. We had the forks for months before different weight springs were available. Fork seals have been hard to come by too.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Hmm, I searched for these, now the ad bars show:

expensive forks.png

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I've got an Ohlins on the rear of my Stumpjumper and it's been great. However, the Ohlins forks while great performers have been a pain to get parts for. We had the forks for months before different weight springs were available. Fork seals have been hard to come by too.

I've been looking at an Enduro, the Ohlins was a major selling point until I looked at reviews, now it seems like a good reason to not pull the trigger.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I've been looking at an Enduro, the Ohlins was a major selling point until I looked at reviews, now it seems like a good reason to not pull the trigger.

Sold one to a friend and he loves it. Said it replaced both his Stumpjumper and Demo 8. But, he is considering throwing a Fox 36 on there just so he doesn't have to deal with getting parts for the Ohlins.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I use to run ohlins on a race car, and this fork is more expensive than the entire set for that car.

Sponsor

Staff online