• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Jared Polis is the Governor. Unless the shit hits the fan I think it will continue to be a county thing. You should be good.

What we need is some colder temps so Loveland can start making snow in 7 days
Yeah, i posted that last night and realized this morning but haven't had a chance to get online and correct it all day. Fixed now

It is supposed to start getting colder on Sunday.

Last edited:

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My friends and I renewed and hope to hit Park City this year, but the numbers are starting to go up in Utah.

We were in Vail the week before we went into lock down in California. Cases popped up the week after we left there. We read a story about some guy who skied Italy and stopped in Vail to ski before he went home to SoCal. The story said he likely brought COVID with him.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
My friends and I renewed and hope to hit Park City this year, but the numbers are starting to go up in Utah.

We were in Vail the week before we went into lock down in California. Cases popped up the week after we left there. We read a story about some guy who skied Italy and stopped in Vail to ski before he went home to SoCal. The story said he likely brought COVID with him.
My friends and I skied Aspen their last weekend (March 5-10). Found out after we got home that there were a bunch of Australians with Covid there at the same time. We were lucky as none of them stayed in the same hotel as us, rode the same shuttles, gondolas or lifts. Crazy thing was I had a meeting with a colleague on March 3 who went home sick with what we think was Covid on March 4th. So lots of near misses on that trip. Will definitely be taking precautions this ski season.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier

I was at Vail the day before that guy from Cali who had come from Italy and was case 1 in Vail. I had been on the gondola with some folks from Mexico who are possibly the ones who later got sick from case 1 and took COVID back to Mexico with them and started the outbreak in that country. Odds are i might not have run into him had he come to Vail a day earlier, but still feel I dodged a bullet just the same.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I skied Italy in early Feb, went home and mixed in the daily petri dish of London commuting for the following 2 weeks, then took a flight out to SFO 21 Feb and skied Squalpine then, as snow sucked took a looong drive out to Big Sky, douched things for them, stopped by JH for the last day of the gathering, breathed (probably not deliberately) on people at DV then Altabird then back to Squalpine. So I was a pretty big potential ski COVID vector.

Only saving grace was no direct link to China or the regions of Italy that were at the time shutdown. That plus I'd already had and got over the worst sustained cough of recent years in January pre my trip to Monterosa.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I renewed both the FUSION pass (Timberline Lodge and Skibowl) and the Meadows Value Pass (Mt Hood Meadows midweek pass) today.

They both had $100 credit from last season due to COVID shutdown.

Pray for snow now.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Renewed my Crystal Pass and as a bonus added the A lot parking pass. I've been on the wait list for parking since 2013. When I checked last year I was still number 300 something on the wait list. This year Crystal dropped that system and anybody can get an A lot parking pass but it is first come first serve and they have a limited number available.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Renewed my Crystal Pass and as a bonus added the A lot parking pass. I've been on the wait list for parking since 2013. When I checked last year I was still number 300 something on the wait list. This year Crystal dropped that system and anybody can get an A lot parking pass but it is first come first serve and they have a limited number available.
I’m tempted to get the A parking pass, but I honestly don’t know how many times I will make it Crystal. I guess I can schlepp from the back of A or from B lot on weekdays.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
All of A lot is supposedly pass parking. So you would be schlepping from B, C, or D. :geek:

Oh wait, I forgot! After 2 pm they open A lot to everyone. Makes for a short day of skiing though. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online