• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Arapahoe Basin uphill access pass $30/year

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In Al's Blog on Friday, he announced that A-Basin will be charging $30.00/year for uphill access in the ski area boundaries.

From a risk management standpoint I can see why they may feel its necessary, after all the person who buys a pass of any kind has to sign a waiver. And to the point of a few who are making comments those who skin at Arapahoe Basin are using the facilities, parking, patrol, and maintained slopes, otherwise they'd be in the backcountry.
I believe @Chris Geib and his wife still hit A-Basin for an uphill workout.

From the blog:
Over the last year, we have spent a great deal of time reviewing the program and planning its next steps. Much of the Uphill Program remains the same. There are four notable changes for the 2019/20 season.

• Each user is required to get a new Uphill Access Pass annually
  • Uphill Access Passes are $30/season except passes are free for Arapahoe Basin Season Pass holders
  • Passes can be purchased online at arapahoebasin.com
  • Uphill Pass users are required to wear a reflective armband issued with the pass

As you can imagine, the comments on his blog were all over the map from angry, to supportive.
A few comments:
partymountain said...

BOO!! Nickel and diming people on their public land seems wrong. This place used to be Party Mounatin! what happened!

cmac said...

Good idea. I fully expect people to complain, but this is a well reasoned policy. Between your parking, facility usage and patrol resources expended, uphill users should be expected to help contribute to offset these costs. We all want a safe and accessible uphill track for exercise and enjoyment. This is a very minimal cost. Thanks for continuing to support the sport.

Sponsor

Staff online