• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Either your or my reading comprehension is off. I see 50% off one half day lesson. ;)

Ohh. Well, still, better than a sharp stick in the eye!

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a fantastic video about the Building the Beavers posted a couple days ago:

I'm happy to contribute to that cause. :yahoo:

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Ohh, half day lesson included. That's a nice perk.

I'm sold on getting an A Basin pass. Considering getting Loveland. Gonna ditch Epic for a year. (BIG change for me.)

Either your or my reading comprehension is off. I see 50% off one half day lesson. ;)

C'mon everybody knows that 50% of half is zero.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
A-Basin just announced their season pass price for $399. That’s what I expected, and it’s $379 for renewals. That sounds right in line with market value.

Or it's 275 if you bought the double down pass in Sept last year:D

Last edited:

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Wow,

just the fact that this decision by A-Basin to sever ties with MTN generated 16 pages of "discussion" here on Pugski.com ... ?

It says something ... !

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
For those interested in spring passes etc, from the email I just received:

What about other passes?
All other 2019-20 passes and tickets, including double-down, spring, military and senior passes, will be announced later in the year. At this time, there are no new partnerships to announce. In the coming months, A-Basin will be discussing opportunities with several resorts and resort groups.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Wow,

just the fact that this decision by A-Basin to sever ties with MTN generated 16 pages of "discussion" here on Pugski.com ... ?

It says something ... !
It says that it's the best mountain/ski area within a hundred miles if they can do away with the sh&tshow crowds.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
https://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/...ge.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"The Arapahoe Basin Season Pass, currently on sale for $399, will be the only unlimited season pass product for A-Basin in the 2019-20 season. If you would like to ski 8 or more days at The Basin, this is the only pass that will offer that option."

The post is a helpful PSA. However.....8 or more days?

1) You could ski 10 days this year just by buying two 4+1 packs for $338 at the September Christy Sports Powder Daze.

2) The only reason 8 would be significant is because seven is what you get at partner resorts with Epic or Ikon. Partner opportunities with places like Loveland or Monarch have only ever been 3 days I have ever seen.

Is this a hint that Alterra might be trying to rope A-Basin onto the full Ikon Pass?

At a minimum reading between the lines tells me that pass sales for next year are not going as well as they would hope, and there is concern that the potential for partnerships is keeping people on the sidelines. Best case people were just waiting to see if something with Loveland or Ikon Base would happen. Worst case is that interest in a pass only to A-Basin is not creating the interest they had hoped.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I read Ikon into that as well, although Vail has limited day partnerships such as Telluride so it doesn’t seem they had to jump ship just to move away from the unlimited model. Unless of course Vail said all or nothing.

Given that Ikon has become #ikont at resorts similar to A-Basin elsewhere, it’s hard to see how that keeps “locals” happy. Big Sky’s GM had to release a letter asking locals to be nice to Ikonts, so it’s hard to think we aren’t comparing frying pans and fire Epic to Ikon.

My guess is that 4+1 will go away since 10>8, although that isn’t really a “pass product” - it’s never on their webpage.

But are pass sales slow? Sounds like it. Does that inspire me to get one? Yes.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
https://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/...ge.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"The Arapahoe Basin Season Pass, currently on sale for $399, will be the only unlimited season pass product for A-Basin in the 2019-20 season. If you would like to ski 8 or more days at The Basin, this is the only pass that will offer that option."

1) You could ski 10 days this year just by buying two 4+1 packs for $338 at the September Christy Sports Powder Daze.

2) The only reason 8 would be significant is because seven is what you get at partner resorts with Epic or Ikon. Partner opportunities with places like Loveland or Monarch have only ever been 3 days I have ever seen.

Is this a hint that Alterra might be trying to rope A-Basin onto the full Ikon Pass?

At a minimum reading between the lines tells me that pass sales for next year are not going as well as they would hope, and there is concern that the potential for partnerships is keeping people on the sidelines. Best case people were just waiting to see if something with Loveland or Ikon Base would happen. Worst case is that interest in a pass only to A-Basin is not creating the interest they had hoped.

My gut, non-scientific thinking is many people are in the wait and see camp or their Epic Local already auto-renewed and they weren't an A Basin target to begin with.

For myself I'm trying to figure out what combo of passes and days I want between my own interest, family, significant other, etc. $50 premium isn't enough stick to really get me to make a decision right now and A Basin leaving just made it that more complex. I will likely get a Basin pass, but I'm still figuring exactly what else I'm getting.

Reactions: nay

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
My gut, non-scientific thinking is many people are in the wait and see camp or their Epic Local already auto-renewed and they weren't an A Basin target to begin with.
I am confident many Epic Pass holders have little knowledge about the relationship with A-Basin. Many folks I talked with this season believe Vail owns A-Basin. Even further, current Keystone/A-Basin pass holders on a few chair lifts knew about changes to extend the season, but had no clue A-Basin was leaving.

It was a weird relationship, and I am with you that plenty of folks are just auto renewing without thinking.

Also might result if several unhappy guest in October when the annual WROD opens they discover their pass does not work.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
But are pass sales slow? Sounds like it. Does that inspire me to get one? Yes.
If somebody wanted crowds to return to 2010 levels, this must be sweet sweet music. I agree.

Green08

Front Range Skier
Skier
Given that Ikon has become #ikont at resorts similar to A-Basin elsewhere, it’s hard to see how that keeps “locals” happy. Big Sky’s GM had to release a letter asking locals to be nice to Ikonts, so it’s hard to think we aren’t comparing frying pans and fire Epic to Ikon.

My guess is that 4+1 will go away since 10>8, although that isn’t really a “pass product” - it’s never on their webpage.
I doubt Vail is in play at all.

The press release was surely worded carefully to exclude options around ticket packs vs some type of season pass product. But, for the consumer unless you are thinking through all your options, you can wildly overestimate the value you are getting from a season pass.

To my ears it would seem that having no partners, a 3-5 day midweek option with Loveland, and something with Ikon are all still on the table. A-Basin is simply navigating uncharted waters. They have some options they are keeping open, but revenue projections are going to force or free up many decisions that will dramatically influence the skier experience next year.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

I’m reading IKON into that as well
:golfclap:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Damn, it used to be so much less. $299-349 as I remrmber.
But if you’re going to get the icon pass for the gathering next year it will work for seven days this spring

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Damn, it used to be so much less. $299-349 as I remrmber.

Yep - spring was free with next season’s purchase and the season pass was only $299.

No way that was staying without the Vail subsidies.

Sponsor