• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You know when somebody starts dating a new person and acting really strange, and you get really concerned about what is going on with them?

And then you meet the new person and start to figure it out? And it looks something like this?

View attachment 87648
Wait a second... those sound like legitimate perks.... In thought all the pass-holder appreciation stuff was worthless! :ogcool:

Maybe they're just trying to be more like Mammoth. Woolly skis around the mountain some and you'll see him random places, like you're at an amusement park:

1576708051048.png

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
like you're at an amusement park

Exactly. ogwink

There are some legitimate perks like cheaper “Super Friend” passes, but only during the dead week before Christmas when they can’t sell tickets anyway. It’s not like Ikon passholders are burning days right now and spending extra money on the mountain so why not appreciate those season passholders?

Who is making snowflakes tomorrow? I want to go so bad.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Well ski resorts are kind of amusement parks, but in reverse, where the rides are the boring part, and moving between them is the good part.

Who is making snowflakes tomorrow? I want to go so bad.

I just want a pic of you cutting out a snowflake alongside like ten 5 year-olds!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I just want a pic of you cutting out a snowflake alongside like ten 5 year-olds!

Tomorrow is just the wrong day for me, you know how much I want that selfie.

Kids are still in school tomorrow. It would be like three 50 year olds. Which is much better since they are serving hot chocolate. There should be a brewery there providing free beer. I would make that happen.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll be honest that Meet the Beaver was what really caught my eye. I want to see the Beaver turn away Ikon passholders from a beaver selfie, just a straight Heisman stiff arm, while I post mine to the gram. That will make the whole thing worth it.

But now I want to make snowflakes for 2 hours instead of skiing. That would be sweet af if they at least were having free bacon Bloody Mary’s *

*while supplies last

I need to go back and check, but I think Tuesday is We’ll Poke You in the Eye day, from 1:00 - 3:00**

**space limited
That is funny!!!

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
...It’s not like Ikon passholders are burning days right now and spending extra money on the mountain so why not appreciate those season passholders?

So, they’re scanning passes at Lenawee this season. I saw quite a few Ikon passes scanned there while I was waiting on @FairToMiddlin and @SkiNurse to assist a woman from Winnipeg (another story entirely). Kinda an eye-opener for me.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So, they’re scanning passes at Lenawee this season. I saw quite a few Ikon passes scanned there while I was waiting on @FairToMiddlin and @SkiNurse to assist a woman from Winnipeg (another story entirely). Kinda an eye-opener for me.

Really? That suggests they are concerned that morning uphill skiers are staying on the mountain without a pass?

Also, it looks like everybody has been invited to make snowflakes. This is not cool that Ikon passholders can also make snowflakes.

3613A886-FA49-4A2E-A69F-10D39FE7F510.jpeg

However, we should all feel good that

7B143054-4FB4-466B-AE91-B7F4CF01BB46.jpeg

Kinda seems like things aren’t going as well as hoped.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Have I been able to let it go? No.

A-Basin only posted this on their Insta story so nobody can comment:roflmao:. At first glance I read this as Ikon passholder appreciation weekend sans paper folding, the Beaver, and limited hot chocolate, but us season passholders are included!

EF51DC99-9E22-4315-A39F-7D684A8AA43F.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
“Late ski 3:15 to 4:00”
What does that mean, they close early for everyone else? “Late Ski” to me means after 4pm. @mdf likely agrees.

So, they’re selling Burritos at Pali?

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
“Late ski 3:15 to 4:00”
What does that mean, they close early for everyone else? “Late Ski” to me means after 4pm. @mdf likely agrees.

I assume it must be for everyone since they don't scan passes at that lift. I take the announcement to mean that they'll keep loading Lenawee all the way up to 4:00 p.m. Normally it stops earlier.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Oh look, no parking on the big days. Didn’t see that coming what with being on a mega pass and all.

4D8DAD9E-61BD-4A3B-BB2E-9079AB605BCE.jpeg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
It is a Saturday after a big snow, so it's not bad for A-Basin to be a victim of their own success. :) We all want them to still be successful. Of course this is all coming from the guy who holds an A-Basin MID-WEEK pass. ;)

I’m just being snarky. I’m sure Loveland parking filled today as well.

Sponsor

Staff online