• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AquaNovoBoot water fitting

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My pal with flat hobbit-feet has cursed the 2 boots he has had since his custom Strolz. He came across this:

https://aquanovoboot.de/en/

Looks like Fischer Vacuum but with water providing some shaping pressure ?
They have several shell stiffness offerings, and I like how the softer shells have the same buckle, and feature count. One of my boot pet-peeves is that softer boots often lose a buckle, have a crappier liner, smaller power strap, and less adjustment.

https://aquanovoboot.de/en/customized-ski-boots/collection

We are off to Solden in a couple weeks and I'd wager my pal will give this setup a go. There is a large ski shop "Sporthutte Fiegl" and they also happen to do Strolz boots too. We'll be curious to get their opinions on the 2 systems.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
This is really cool tech. The power of water versus air is obviously apparent, but the setup and investment for shops to go in this direction probably means we won't be seeing this widespread.

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
If your pal gets these boots make sure to ask about extra replacement soles. Would be a good option to have an extra set.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had not heard of this. Very intriguing.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Aqua Novo boot fitting system has been around since 2013, the whole process, measuring the feet, casting the footbeds, thermoforming the shell and foaming the boot only takes a maximum of 40 mins. They appear to be using Roxa shells, BootDoc footbeds and BootDoc liners.

To my eyes the videos have the look of a magic illusion, I can’t see how you can properly measure a person’s feet, cast a pair of footbeds, thermoform the shells and foam the inner boots in only 40 mins.

But, 600 - 650 euros for a pair of boots with foam liners and custom footbeds is a very good price, so the system does seem to be gaining some traction.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Anything that is too good to be true probably is.
Still, keep the reports coming, the power of PugSki is awesome.