• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone thought of Pugski Pass ?

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
Food for thought ...

I just asked the question and would like to hear community respond to this idea. Maybe it is super silly to even think about it, maybe enormous brain trust of Pugski sees something in this ?

I think it is doable ... some kind of discount or "affiliate" seller or "ski club" discount, group buy-in ...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Then we could all play the "Hey, I'm a member of Pugski.com-where's my discount? " card.....................:D

I can picture EXACTLY how that would go around here.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Please expand.... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
In this thread there's a mention of a "Group Discount" from a members private group when purchasing the iKon pass. Might be a little bit late for some people, but I'd be OK donating some the savings to the site if a "Pugski Group Discount Code" existed. There's a mention that the discount is $30 (~3% off savings). Not a whole lot, but sure helps to keep the lights on for the site. Not sure how many iKon pass holders are in this site, but if you could get some of them to either donate the savings or get a kickback via an affiliate code, it can help move the needle.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ that's a great seemingly easily do-able idea ! … assuming its "seemingly easily doable" :crossfingers:

My wife and I are getting iKon passes for next season for the first time, primarily to explore more of the east coast USA. I'd be happy to donate my group discount savings back to Pugski.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’d like a Pugski Pass where you get a bunch of free days at any resort of your choice, well just because.

Maybe an Ikon Pass with a Pugski logo on it?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My wife and I are getting iKon passes for next season for the first time, primarily to explore more of the east coast USA.

From Waterloo you could be in Aspen with less than 24 hours of driving, Copper, Winter Park, and Steamboat are even closer....Just sayin'.

There use to be an entertainer at Mount Snow who wrote a song called: "Vermont, Its a Poor Man's Colorado"...Just sayin'.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ that's a great seemingly easily do-able idea ! … assuming its "seemingly easily doable" :crossfingers:

My wife and I are getting iKon passes for next season for the first time, primarily to explore more of the east coast USA. I'd be happy to donate my group discount savings back to Pugski.

Let me know when you're coming to the Loaf.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I haven't put a lot of thought into exactly what might be possible, but there's no doubting the collective bargaining/purchasing power of the PugSki membership. I'm surprised this idea hasn't been previously discussed. It seems so obvious, right?

James

Out There
Instructor
Well apparently we could probably have gotten a $30 Ikon Pass discount code. I think you need 20.

TS
Goran M.

Goran M.

Getting off the lift
Inactive
In this thread there's a mention of a "Group Discount" from a members private group when purchasing the iKon pass. Might be a little bit late for some people, but I'd be OK donating some the savings to the site if a "Pugski Group Discount Code" existed. There's a mention that the discount is $30 (~3% off savings). Not a whole lot, but sure helps to keep the lights on for the site. Not sure how many iKon pass holders are in this site, but if you could get some of them to either donate the savings or get a kickback via an affiliate code, it can help move the needle.

something like this ...

Or yearly "membership" or "donation" would automatically give you a discount code of some small percentage.

I am sure that following Pugski influenced quite a few people into buying (or not) some product (ie. ski that starts with Sto...) and why not monetizing that "influence" ?

Or kind of "Girl Scout" cookies - by buying such and such pass/ticket you are helping a good cause and portion of proceeds go to "Girl Scouts" ...

Some manufacturers and/or retailers already offer some kind of discount to Pugski members. Maybe some smaller ski areas could see benefit of extending their discount to Pugski members? Not every ski hill is having that often discussed "overcrowding" issues, plenty of them are struggling and would love to attract more skiers in any way they can.

It would not necessarily mean "it pays itself in x or y days" or "gives you unlimited access to 359 areas around the galaxy".

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Phil, what are the numbers? How many members are there?

Some form of proof of membership would be needed.

With that information it wouldn't be hard to talk to ski area marketing departments and ask for discounts for the tribe members. I could see several of the areas in this region being interested.

It would just be a matter of presenting the idea to ski areas and going for the close. A bunch of us on here have been doing that for years.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm pondering IKON for family, not yet decided but with 4 .. that's 1/5 of the way to 20 group. course, I have to decide by the price increase later this month.