• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone switched from a 4 buckle overlap to 3-piece boot?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I did not read all the posts but did anyone suggest an Intuition liner NO Tongue at all and does fit into a three piece shell. This is a 27.5 but only an 80 flex shell.
upload_2018-4-26_8-7-20.png

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Well..... another Summer has come and gone - didn’t do a dang thing about the boots. Work/Life got in the way this Fall and now snow it on the ground and stil haven’t down anything.

While a fittier recommended a 3 piece cabrio, I’m a little wigged as it’s “different” and don’t feel like a whole new set of parameters to deal with.

Any thoughts on maybe doing a Lange 97 130 - which seemed a bit more volume and maybe higher instep than Mach 1 and just getting flamed? I really don’t mind paying for that if it gets it done.

Second Q - had planned a trip out of the country in late Nov/Dec but that maybe cratering at this point so annual pilgrimage to slide on snow for my birthday first week of Dec might be on - who do I see for boots? Given history we usually head to CO.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I did not read all the posts but did anyone suggest an Intuition liner NO Tongue at all and does fit into a three piece shell. This is a 27.5 but only an 80 flex shell.
View attachment 44899

^this

Seriously, if you are getting “bit”, this is a answer. I’ve got a 12 tongue FT & it is fantastic for comfort.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
If your lazy the Mach 1 sucks, I am to lazy and prefer a stiffer boot to hold me up.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
^this

Seriously, if you are getting “bit”, this is a answer. I’ve got a 12 tongue FT & it is fantastic for comfort.

Well - I guess I'm going down this road.

If your lazy the Mach 1 sucks, I am to lazy and prefer a stiffer boot to hold me up.

Never had an issue with the flex - just the instep parameter

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Update - saga over, I'm in the blue boots. Turns our the throat of the clog is a couple mm larger than Tecnica - and that was enough. Skied a couple of days last week in CO, no issues so far. The RS 130 is a totally different deal than the OG RX130 LV (translucent orange solid lug). Much tighter fit and might actually need a bit of a grind down the line - which is very different than having to add layers of foam to the liner on the ol' orange ones in post #3 above. Thought I wouldn't like the power strap either, but I don't see any reason to swap it out for a Booster just yet.

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Update - another couple of days on the RS130 out in Aspen. Still working well. Love the stock power strap, Have had nothing done to the shells other than the soles planed and canted to suit my anatomy. Did crack one of those screw on 3mm soles that they add though. No issues with leaking at toes (you know the ol' Lange ducktape thing). Just really like them and should have tried them earlier.

Sponsor

Staff online