• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone riding a 9point8 Fallline Dropper

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Well a wreck has made my 125mm Reverb dropper kinda of wonky. Honestly I have wanted more drop since the day I installed that post on my bike and feel like the frustration+ money of trying to fix it, isnt worth it.

The fallline design seems to let you run more drop on a given bike. I can for sure run 150mm and maybe even run the 175mm evne if I have to reduce travel somewhat. The reality is my next trail bike I buy I am not buying unless I can run 200mm of dropper but this should make my current bike with its too long seat tube fine for now.

Anyone run one? also how is shipping from Canada?

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
I can’t speak specifically to the Fallline, other to say that I was debating between that and a Bike Yoke Revive. Ended up going with a Revive, which also has a shorter overall length for a given drop than most other posts. It’s a German brand, but most of the major us online retailers seem to carry it, so it’s easy to get. The guy that designed it posts a lot on MTBR, and answers lots of questions. Service is super easy also. Mine has been flawless in the year and a half I’ve had it. Worth checking out if you are looking at the 9point8 - both seem to be at the top of the dropper heap.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Just checked it out. Revive 160 wont work the post has to much insertion for me and my bike..... and If I wanted to stay 125mm of drop I would just fix this thing

Last edited:
TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Looks like the one-up is an even better option.

180mm might fit, 170mm will for sure fit. Bonus its cheaper and ships from USA!

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So I ended up going with a One-Up 180mm. I may have to detravel it to 170mm but honestly any more travel would be great for me.

I ll post up a review once its on the bike.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I can’t speak specifically to the Fallline, other to say that I was debating between that and a Bike Yoke Revive. Ended up going with a Revive, which also has a shorter overall length for a given drop than most other posts. It’s a German brand, but most of the major us online retailers seem to carry it, so it’s easy to get. The guy that designed it posts a lot on MTBR, and answers lots of questions. Service is super easy also. Mine has been flawless in the year and a half I’ve had it. Worth checking out if you are looking at the 9point8 - both seem to be at the top of the dropper heap.

I've been running the Bike Yoke Revive for a few months now. So far so good, but only time will tell. Able to fit a 170mm vs my previous Specialized at 150mm

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
yeah the bike Yoke wasnt going to give me more than 125mm its also pricey.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like the one-up is an even better option.

180mm might fit, 170mm will for sure fit. Bonus its cheaper and ships from USA!

Are they the same people who make the racks?

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Does not appear to be...reviews are good though.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
One up post came a day early. Got the 180mm install was stupid easy.

IMG_4630[1].JPG

Max Drop. There is no way I could run more than 180 on this frame.
IMG_4629[1].JPG

hardest thing is going to be trying to use my extra ROM. I have been using that 125mm dropper for 5 years now. This could be a real game changer.

Sponsor