• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone have thoughts on buying from Corbetts Ski + Snowboard online?

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
If viewing the website from the US, are the prices listed on the website in USD? Or Canadian dollars?
They are in CAD. You can use Google to convert to USD.
Note some credit cards may have a fee for foreign transactions. Any card worth it's salt does not...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I just bought a new Descente jacket and pants at ridiculously low prices (due to a sale and the current exchange rate). I have used Corbett's quite a few times and they're completely dependable.

L82thegate

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I've purchased ski's and bindings a few times from Corbetts and been happy with the outcomes. I did notice on my last (spring 2020) purchase that at checkout, I had to use Paypal. When I compared the "spot price" exchange rate VISA applies against Paypal's cost, someone (Paypal?) had taken a chunk out of the exchange monies. I'd say that they want to make money off the exchange rate and by processing your order, they abscond with a percentage of your perceived savings. May not be back unless the deal is a standout.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
By chance would anyone happen to have a coupon/promo code at the ready? Might pull the trigger on a larger order, even 5% off would be sweet.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've purchased ski's and bindings a few times from Corbetts and been happy with the outcomes. I did notice on my last (spring 2020) purchase that at checkout, I had to use Paypal. When I compared the "spot price" exchange rate VISA applies against Paypal's cost, someone (Paypal?) had taken a chunk out of the exchange monies. I'd say that they want to make money off the exchange rate and by processing your order, they abscond with a percentage of your perceived savings. May not be back unless the deal is a standout.
PayPal is notorious for fees. Take a look at this page.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you call and talk to them you might be able to get a little something. This is not abnormal when calling and talking to one of their reps about placing a phone orser. If it is a very large order, I would say odds are better than 50/50 you get something.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I travel often for work and opened a Transferwise account. Minimal / transparent fees and more important they use the official exchange rate (this is where credit card and paypal make their money). I used it to order some bindings from Corbetts recently.
https://transferwise.com/

Sponsor

Staff online