• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anyone Demo The....

Nick Golden

Booting up
Skier
Salomon qst 106 or the new Liberty Origin 106? Looking to potentially add a softer mid/wide ski to my quiver. What did you think and who would you put on each pair?

Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I did demo the QST106 and liked it. It is more playful than the Q-Lab 104 and better than the Quest 106, really the best of both. I didn't ski the Liberty but they look better than the older ones that came out of the Yaqui factory. The flex looked and felt really good, honestly better than the older ones and the finish also was far superior. Without skiing the Liberty's I owuld still say it is similar to the demographics of the Salomon so I would put someone who errs on the finesse side of the scale but they still are strong tecnical skiers. These are both on the soft snow bias of One Oh Somethings.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Based on how much I liked the QST 99, I would get the QST 106 in a heartbeat. Unless it's clear that the 99 and 106 are radically different animals. I found the 99 very compliant, light-feeling swing weight and responsive, yet damp enough to be great in crud and chop as well as moguls. Lots of fun and confidence inspiring, for me one of the better 98-100's. FWIW, I'm 5'-10" and 145lbs, so a heavier skier may have a different response.