• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody tried these zippered gloves?

TS
Eddie S

Eddie S

Putting on skis
Skier
Huh, seems like it’d be just as easy to take the glove/mitten off than fumble with zipping and unzipping. These might fall into the “answer to a question that wasn’t asked” category.
Hello, Kevin. I suspect you are right. I probably wouldn't be considering them, but my cheap old gloves (still first and only pair I've owned) are about shot, so I'm in the market. A long cuff would be nice, and if they work well it would be convenient for accessing a phone or turning the GoPro on and off.
If you get them, make sure to post a pic in the weird but cool (hehe) thread.
Will do! I'm just goofy enough to buy them.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hello, Kevin. I suspect you are right. I probably wouldn't be considering them, but my cheap old gloves (still first and only pair I've owned) are about shot, so I'm in the market. A long cuff would be nice, and if they work well it would be convenient for accessing a phone or turning the GoPro on and off.

Ya, old school answer to that dilemma is gloves that clip to jacket/shell sleeves, just pop it off and it hangs right there til you want to put it back on. new school answer is gloves with touch screen active finger tips. I think the Swany Toaster internal gloves probably have those conductive thread finger tips.. or should.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Clip gloves to sleeves or wrist leashes (like on hestra heli gloves) seems like a much better option than this zippered approach. I guess these keep your wrist or watch warm??

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The founders were on Shark Tank a year or so back.

Reviews were really good and i almost bought some but may hands run hot.

Ski only with fleece field mittens with a mitten flap that I seldom use. Likely hey a pair for my daughter whose hands run cool but like her sisters have a very complex layering system for their gloves which means a5 minute ordeal to remove and replace.

So. .. if you wrap and layer your gloves, interwoven with your base lays and shell this may be a good choice

Sponsor