• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anybody seen or tried 6.0 compression sock from Lenz?

JTurner

Always tryin' to get better
Skier
Title says it all. I think they’re very new, and haven’t come across any first hand accounts of the sock, nor do any local retailers have them. Specifically because they’re compression, I’d love to know how they fit and if they would work with a low volume race boot fit.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can't find where their compression measurement system compares with the U.S. system of millimeters of mercury. Does the U.S. 20-30 mm hg compression match the Lenz 2.0 or 4.0 or ???

I'd be curious about the durability of electric socks. Electrically heated insoles, if they'd fit into the race boots, might be more durable.

The Warming Store has them for a hundred bucks...each.

sky_chicken

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm planning on picking up a pair for my wife this Xmas, I, too would like to hear the answer about the 6.0. It seems like they've phased out the 1.0 and 3.0 which didn't have the toe cap heating element.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I'm planning on picking up a pair for my wife this Xmas, I, too would like to hear the answer about the 6.0. It seems like they've phased out the 1.0 and 3.0 which didn't have the toe cap heating element.

@sky_chicken - I'll be curious if you hear anything. Definitely intriguing. I don't go through gear or socks quickly. Being petite (aka short and small), I don't wear gear hard, so they should last a while for me. The big question is how thin they are...

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m thinking about it, I already have two pairs of the 1.0 slim as they are the thinnest of the previous socks. I love these things. They have been durable enough to last me two seasons so far. If the 6.0 has a compression fit (whether they actually compress with much force or not) as well as the heat around the toes, great.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I'm intrigued by the fact that they're made with wool - and claim to be extremely thin. But I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Sponsor