• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like the sound of this ski (not an ad for evo here but they have all the info on it) https://www.evo.com/skis/k2-mindbender-88ti-alliance-womens

I'm looking for a performance type all mountain type ski for high end sessions at Whistler, BC. My slalom race ski I always find daunting when they take me up to steeps, do any drops and if we have powder on the session day (that 63 under foot just worries me). I am lacking a good performance mid size ski that will also ski the steeps if we get up there and some powder. But I really want it to be stable at high speed advance parallel on a groomer and make decent edge contact in a short radius turn without and angles required on my Head Great joy, though I love it most lol. I'm also thinking Head Supershapes but I like the idea of the rocker on this K2.

So anyone had a test chance?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hoping to next month! I believe Tricia has some coming her way soon, so I'm guessing we'll hear about that soon. I am also really intrigued and excited about this new K2 line.

You might want to hop on some Volkl Secrets, which I just spent two days on at Grand Targhee skiing a real mixed bag of untracked fairly dense powder (a foot of it) cut up crud after the powder, less crud the day before the powder but the day after 8 inches of fresh, and some soft groomers. They RIP and were amazingly good in the foot of powder (I was kind of shocked at how well they handled it) and were easy to whip around making short radius turns, yet I opened them up on the groomers and they were like riding on rails. Fun and stable! I'm an upper level intervanced skier who is learning to get after it a bit more, and these skis were a real pleasant surprise. I did ski them during testing last year, but not enough to get a REAL handle on them. I just remembered liking them and wishing I could get out on them again.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair on the way. Soon!!

TS
Lady_Salina

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks Amy, I'll see if i can get a pair of the volkl's to try. Glad to hear you'll have a take on the mind bender too Tric. I used to love K2, maybe they will be able to pull me away from my heads. I'm definitely have to get a new ski this year to fill that hole, and I really want something I'm comfy on.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
88fh14MATzauq8MHfjowJQ.jpg

@Ziggy is guarding them until @Tricia gets home

Sponsor

Staff online