• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
YES, we got a winner!!! You even got the airline AND airport.

Some great quotes from thar movie...

Serpentine, Shel, surpentine....

There are flames on my car!!!

I love that movie - A Zee????

Tsetse flies the size of eagles!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Whos the primary sports interest city for scranton? New York? Philly? Pittsburgh?

Well it SHOULD be Pittsburgh, because Pittsburgh sports teams are the best. (I grew up there... can you tell? :D )

But Scranton is much closer to NYC and Philly.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well it SHOULD be Pittsburgh, because Pittsburgh sports teams are the best. (I grew up there... can you tell? :D )

But Scranton is much closer to NYC and Philly.
Granted the Stillers have 5 Superbowl rings....the Iggles are current champs. The Pirates have been in the basement for this century, and the Phillies were contending this season until they ran out of gas, they were playing over their pay grade till this point. Basketball, the 76er's or the Fish? But in reality, Pittsburgh is about 6 hours from Scranton and Philly and NY are less than 3. Other than Scranton is home to the Yankee's AAA farm team, they play right below Montage. Philly teams will have the edge. Hockey? Are we taking about intermural sports? :duck:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Granted the Stillers have 5 Superbowl rings....the Iggles are current champs. The Pirates have been in the basement for this century, and the Phillies were contending this season until they ran out of gas, they were playing over their pay grade till this point. Basketball, the 76er's or the Fish? But in reality, Pittsburgh is about 6 hours from Scranton and Philly and NY are less than 3. Other than Scranton is home to the Yankee's AAA farm team, they play right below Montage. Philly teams will have the edge. Hockey? Are we taking about intermural sports? :duck:

1. The Stillers have 6 rings!! (And 8 appearances.)
  2. And the Pirates made the playoffs in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
  3. And the Penguins are, of course, the greatest team in the NHL history, which started in the late 80's as far as I'm concerned.
  4. And this "basketball" thing you mentioned... is that some kind of sport?

TS
Jason Robertson

Jason Robertson

Better than a 35 mph stick through the liver!
Skier
Plans got moved up, were coming up friday and leaving next monday. Gonna check out the area, check out the ice, maybe visit a hill, and hit the local jiu jitsu schools for my son. Mostly be deciding on two places that the company owns. One in clarks summit proper, and another place west of town a few miles. The place west of town is on a 20 acre patch of property. Were leaning towards that one as long as it doesnt put us way out of reasonable town convienience.

SnowbirdDevotee

Putting on skis
Skier
get a feel for the area recreationally and more importantly, how it skis, lol.

>All our skiing has been out west, im gonna have to get my ski the east mountain hit list started it looks like, lol.
LOL. You poor boy!!!! Ah well, make the best of it!

I live here near Scranton and have skied everything her and CO and out west for many yrs, Pa sure doesn't ski like Colorado, that's for sure!!! Besides the hill and terrain, it an entirely different ski culture and vibe. (not a complement). Consider a trip to th the Catskills.
But we don't have any traffic to speak of.

Saying that, I like living here. And Pa is a beautiful place to live in the summer/fall.

Last edited: