• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another welcome thread, this time with rules

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
@Jellybeans1000, remember that we're small in #'s and only 1 1/2 years into something that took 18 years to build. (but I think that's about to change)
A regional section is a possibility as the community grows. We've actually been discussing it.
Take a look at the link Mendieta posted.
Seriously that's fine. Glad that you are doing the service you do for the US ski community. I am happy to add some more to it with forecasts. I just like forecasting for the PNW at the moment because they are getting the most snow during late spring;)

But happy to be onboard as you guys grow:)

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@Jellybeans1000, remember that we're small in #'s and only 1 1/2 years into something that took 18 years to build. (but I think that's about to change)
A regional section is a possibility as the community grows. We've actually been discussing it.
Take a look at the link Mendieta posted.

Yes, another indication that we need some more structure is the fact that most posts are in one category (the general skiing forum). Maybe a nice summer project. Stupid summer :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Seriously that's fine. Glad that you are doing the service you do for the US ski community. I am happy to add some more to it with forecasts. I just like forecasting for the PNW at the moment because they are getting the most snow during late spring;)

But happy to be onboard as you guys grow:)
You are a part of "you guys". Thanks for helping all of us grow.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Non assification..... New word love it. Thanks @newboots.

I'm a huge fan of the vibe here and how things are so I'm hopeful everyone works together to keep this place great.

Pugski = making ski forums great again.

Wait, we're not supposed to talk politics, so ignore the above.:duck:

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
I think it's here (I normally search with google, much better than the built in search). Cheers!

https://forum.pugski.com/threads/2016-17-inland-pnw-skiing.3993/

There's actually one here that I seem to have killed with a picture of a horrendous liftline:
https://forum.pugski.com/threads/2016-17-pnw-ski-resorts-conditions-meetups.3485/

Frankly I don't know why anyone cares about the PNW anyway, it only rains, the terrain is flat (otherwise the rain would just roll off so your waterskis wouldn't work) and the beer and coffee really sucks.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Frankly I don't know why anyone cares about the PNW anyway, it only rains, the terrain is flat (otherwise the rain would just roll off so your waterskis wouldn't work) and the beer and coffee really sucks.

other than the rain, that sounds just like Steamboat! :ogcool:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
While Phil and Tricia's heads are spinning, I'm going to be the bad cop.

The Rules

1. Don't be an ass.
1a. Being overly sensitive is also being an ass.
2. P&T have sole determination over who is being an ass.

Ok, that about covers it!

Also, if you want to read the nice rules, go here.

x1000 as has been amplified by others. Lets not have any politics or corrosion...:)

Twins

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
This
While Phil and Tricia's heads are spinning, I'm going to be the bad cop.

The Rules

1. Don't be an ass.
1a. Being overly sensitive is also being an ass.
2. P&T have sole determination over who is being an ass.

Ok, that about covers it!

Also, if you want to read the nice rules, go here.
Good rules!
? vqyjf0znujyo6gavwyyo.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry, couldn't resist...
fiona-trekchick.jpg

Attachments

• fiona-trekchick.jpg
    fiona-trekchick.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm thinking bout good vibrations.....wait, what, did someone say bar?

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
As I have said to a few old (and new) members, "This is a fresh start, leave your baggage at the door, come in and let's talk skiing" and as @SBrown said, don't be an ass. Remember when you are answering a question, you are not only answering the person asking it, but also the hundreds & thousands reading the thread. This is ski talk at a higher level, let's keep the bar raised... and when we are done, we can raise a glass at the bar.

A higher level indeed. Can we make sure that the glass or pint we raise is filled with on-tap Guinness no more than 24 hours old?

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
fullStack said:

IMG_0707.JPG

I don't know about that, this is terrain behing my house, not too flat, good powder, no lift lines, coffee is hot 15 seconds away. Of course the crowds are stifling.

Sponsor

Staff online