• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another Throw-Back Thursday Quiz

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Good Morning Mr. Phelps...opps...wrong show. I found this part hiding behind one of my models the other day. I had forgotten that I had it and thought it might make a challenge for someone to identify it.

Let the fun begin...
Special Part number 1.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yes, but who can say what part of what Hanson model??? Hint post #47 All Things Hanson

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
How about this one? Too Easy?
upload_2018-6-14_17-0-17.png

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Marker M4 toe hold down clip.
I do want to see who can nail down the model. It's one I really wish I could find more of than this one part.

Uncle-A

Skier
Marker M4 toe hold down clip.
I do want to see who can nail down the model. It's one I really wish I could find more of than this one part.
Marker M4 Toe hold down is the one on the left. What's the one on the right?

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
So for anyone interested the Hanson in question is the "Moose River Hummer", Experimental 1. These are a pair that live in the Colorado Ski Museum's warehouse, and once I figured out that they originally belonged to a friend of mine Don Lamson I remembered that I actually made one (yup 1) run in them while Don was eating lunch. He was skiing on Volkl Freestyles (the ones in bright yellow and billboard graphics)...and I was right, I wasn't strong enough or heavy enough to bend them in the slightest. But they are very cool. The last picture is of Don in an old Hanson ad.
100_0346.JPG
100_0345.JPG
Lamson_Hanson1977b.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
Tyrolia 360?
Correct on the Tyrolia but It was used on 150, 250, and 350 models as well as 160, 260, and 360. When Tyrolia went to the 180, 280, and 380 that is when they started the four screw toe.

Sponsor

Staff online