• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another rock legend says goodbye

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Rock music legend Neil Peart joined the big band in the sky today after a several year bout with brain cancer. I was fortunate to see Rush in 1983 or 84 when I was in college. The man was unreal on the skins. He was also a gifted lyricist and a good human. Very unfortunate for the music world.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I was never a Rush fan....... until i saw them live and that's all it took. I took my boyfriend at the time for his birthday in 94 at the Target center in Minneapolis and I left that show a fan. Wow. He did one of the most amazing drum solos I'd ever seen. Outstanding drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 67... too young... F cancer.....................

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
They played the high school circuit here in Toronto back in the early 70's..sounded a lot like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath back then. Then they just took off and became..Rush.. We used to say they were the band and rock musicians were fans of because they were so good technically. Used to see Geddy Lee at the Jays games from time to time..just super nice guy, typically Canadian. I think Neil Peart elevated drumming to a new technical high. He was..progressive for sure.. RIP..

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I had the opportunity (finally!) to see them at Red Rocks about 5 years ago. What an incredible show! Sirius XM Deep Tracks channel has been changed to a temporary Rush channel. Really been fun not only listening to their music, but a 2015 interview done with Neil Peart by Jim Ladd and the tribute (aptly named Closer To The Heart) by David Fricke.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
In watching the NFL playoff games this weekend, the networks played a bit of Rush for their fade-out to commercial music. Thought that was a nice tribute.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Peart.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Isn't today, 3 February "The Day The Music Died" when we lost three of early rock stars?

Sponsor

Staff online