• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another Music Game

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
A friend on facebook sent me this game and I thought the community might like to play.

You are sitting in a bar and a song comes on the jukebox and it reminds you of someone. What is the song and who does it remind you of?

An example is: I am sitting in a bar and the song "I'VE Seen All Good People" by YES starts to play and it reminds me of Phil Pug. This should keep some of us busy for the off season.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I'll play.

"Funk 49", by James Gang. The Cat Diesel Demo Team. If you were there you know who they are.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Mrs crg ordered me to stop making vacation road trip playlists with only my music on the list. She pointed out that we should be making them with plenty of current music that the kids prefer... so that when they hear the songs later in life they liked at the time it will also evoke memories of the summer or winter road trip with the family.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thunder Island - this was the high school girls track team song one year and every time I hear it it takes me back . . . .

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Mrs crg ordered me to stop making vacation road trip playlists with only my music on the list. She pointed out that we should be making them with plenty of current music that the kids prefer... so that when they hear the songs later in life they liked at the time it will also evoke memories of the summer or winter road trip with the family.
That is interesting and maybe just another example of why they are smarter then we are. Only one thing comes to mind, if our kids listen to our favorite music they may get to know who we are and as far as hearing a song later in life and remembering a ski trip that still will happen regardless of the song.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Crazy B&tch by Buckcherry brings me right to the night my sister pammy and I were belting it out at one of our local bars. Not karaoke but our own version while we were sitting at the bar with our cocktails.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird on the high school track bus. Circa 1979-1982.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
That is interesting and maybe just another example of why they are smarter then we are. Only one thing comes to mind, if our kids listen to our favorite music they may get to know who we are and as far as hearing a song later in life and remembering a ski trip that still will happen regardless of the song.
I think the point is that 20 years from now they will remember the summer vacation of 2017 when they hear songs that were popular in 2017. If we're just blasting 70s or 80s classic rock through an MP3 player the connection isn't as solid right? I mean when I hear 70s and 80s music I also think of other things in life that were going on around that time including family events.

James

Out There
Instructor
Steve Winwood Arc of a Diver-
Getting into the back of a pickup truck, then riding on the highway in PA for at least 1 1/2 hrs. And it wasn't the least bit stupid! At the time...

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
I am sitting at the bar and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys come's on the Jukebox and I instantly think of my wife who use to sing it to me when we were dating.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Husband and I used to mangle I Only Have Eyes For You when we were dating.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
Husband and I used to mangle I Only Have Eyes For You when we were dating.
That sounds like karaoke with a spouse.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
wow....I've got so many of these
American Pie by Don Mclean. Takes me back to belting it out with the kids while driving down the road. FYI the kids both knew every word before they were 5.

Fantasy by Earth wind and Fire. From 75-78 I was in the Army Band. Some of got together and had a band to play the local clubs. I could actually do the Phillip Bailey falsetto vocals.

House on Pooh Corner the Loggins and Messina version. Always makes me think of my daughter, I cry every time it comes on.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

Skier
wow....I've got so many of these
American Pie by Don Mclean. Takes me back to belting it out with the kids while driving down the road. FYI the kids both knew every word before they were 5.

Fantasy by Earth wind and Fire. From 75-78 I was in the Army Band. Some of got together and had a band to play the local clubs. I could actually do the Phillip Bailey falsetto vocals.

House on Pooh Corner the Loggins and Messina version. Always makes me think of my daughter, I cry every time it comes on.
I have a Don McLean one but it is "And I Love You So" it was the first dance song for my wife and I.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid