• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another frivolous poll while waiting for snow: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Are you a Star Wars fan or a Trekkie?

• Star Wars

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not the old version, the SyFy series from 2003-2009.

Totally forgotten the new one. It was pretty good.
I just remember the one from 1978.
Yup, the test for senility is a very strong positive.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
On a powder day skiers should heed the opening of Next Generation and "boldly go where no-one has gone before."

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
On a powder day skiers should heed the opening of Next Generation and "boldly go where no-one has gone before."
Sometimes, as I hit the hundredth rock on the run, I think "oohhhhh..... That's why there weren't any tracks on this slope". Or not many tracks anyway. Of course, "powder day" has a different meaning around here.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
giphy.gif

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Original three Star Wars, but any Star Trek beats all the SW prequel/sequel/spinoff crap.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Babylon 5 was pretty good.

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda with Kevin Sorbo was entertaining for a few season util they had a change of writers. Got a bit too dark for me.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

It's all about the tight uniforms. Skants for extra gnar.

Jean Luc Picard is the man.

Of course, he had all that Roman-era skant practice as Sejanus. Did you ever see that interview where Patrick Stewart remembers being completely lost in the JLP role until Shatner told him to play it to the hilt, as seriously as any role ever, including tragic Shakespeare?

Both. And my favorite Trek is Enterprise.

The "We will do the right thing as our culture defines right" thread was by far strongest in that one, still not sure whether the writers were critical or supportive of what comes 'naturally'. I think it changed week to week.

Last edited:

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I'm thinking a Jedi Master should be able to make more snow than a Starship Replicator...

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Babylon 5 was pretty good.
It's really too bad they cancelled Crusade.

For anyone missing TNG-era Star Trek, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at The Orville. You'll have to give it a little while to hit its stride, but as long as you're not put off by the humor, it's quite true to most of what I find made The Next Generation great.

Also, as long as we're listing SciFi, Dark Matter, Killjoys, and Continuum were all quite fun.

Sponsor