• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another frivolous poll while waiting for snow: Star Wars or Star Trek?

Are you a Star Wars fan or a Trekkie?

• Star Wars

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Where is the snow dammit!!!???

So, with the new release of information on the Star Wars finale, we have to ask are you a Star Wars fan or Star Trek fan?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm old enough that I like original Star Trek. I also like the Jean-luc Picard series. The only Star Wars I've watched is the Robot Chicken version which is hilarious, and the Family Guy version , also hilarious

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Tough call..both have gone through different series...some better than others..I'm going to abstain..without further elaboration it's hard to pick.

Reactions: Ogg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Star Wars simply because “the clone wars” anitimated series is better than anything Star Trek and I love Star Trek.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think I can answer this one.... Star Trek on TV (TNG and DS9 anyway), Star Wars in the theater

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I don't think I can answer this one.... Star Trek on TV (TNG and DS9 anyway), Star Wars in the theater
. Best Star Wars is the animated clone wars. Check it out, rebels is ok but clone wars deals in the grey of warfare and politics.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
On a 1 to 10 scale would rate the Star Trek TV series:

9 The Original Series (1966–1969)
9 The Next Generation (1987–1994)
5 Deep Space Nine (1993–1999)
4 Voyager (1995–2001)
3 Enterprise (2001–2005)
? Discovery (2017–present) (no cable tv)

Have also watched all the Star Trek movies, some of which would rate a 10.

I've watched most of the Stars Wars movies which I enjoyed mostly for the comedy facets, especially the first maybe a 7 while the last I watched was a 4. I prefer more science, plot, character development, in my science fiction than fantasy so Star Wars won't ever rate too highly. Note, I don't watch many movies and am not a fan of super hero movies, horror, and fantasy. I am a fan of Star Gate SG1. The last 3 scifi movies I've strongly liked were Gravity, Arrival, and Bladerunner 2049.

Last edited:

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
love them both, but Star Wars has an edge. Dad took me to see the first (chronological) one in 1977 multiple times, family legend is 12, it is part of my childhood DNA. Loved the OG Star Trek tv series and Next Generation and the new movies too. Love all the new (post Lucas) Star Wars films. Episodes 1-3, 3 has some redeeming qualities but otherwise, yikes.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2019-10-24_11-29-42.jpeg

At least they are prepared. I wonder if William Shatner or Chis Pine have visited.