• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Anon M2 goggles. quick review

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
The truth "is" Mike, it is constant. perception of events may vary by individuals but never the truth. (Zen moment of the day).

But we as humans cannot access the truth, because we perceive reality through mechanisms (eyeballs, brains) that are imperfect. Therefore none of us can know the truth. *mind blown*

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm intrigued by the fact that everyone else posting here has said their Anon goggles never fog. Mine do. I would love to hear from a woman (or anyone!) who has used the WM1 to see if it's something about the women's design, or just me personally, that makes them fog.
Mmmm, I have had only had one goggle fog, brand doesn't matter It was an old goggle that I loved & it had just passed its prime. Otherwise, I goggle fogging has never been an issue for me.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a hard time carrying two sets of goggles, mostly because "the girls" take up the extra space in my jacket. :)
Ain't that the truth. :cool:

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
IMHO goggle fogging is really a correlation of fit to face and to some extent, mouth breathing.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
But we as humans cannot access the truth, because we perceive reality through mechanisms (eyeballs, brains) that are imperfect. Therefore none of us can know the truth. *mind blown*

If you can remove the drama and what your conscious unconcounsious adds, you could perceive it more clearly. Read some Ekhart Tolle. It's a struggle for me.

Also did you know yr peripheral vision is reduced to almost 17% when under extreme stress?

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
If you can remove the drama and what your conscious unconcounsious adds, you could perceive it more clearly. Read some Ekhart Tolle. It's a struggle for me.

Also did you know yr peripheral vision is reduced to almost 17% when under extreme stress?
Reading Eckart Tolle is a struggle for me, too ;-)

You can perceive more clearly, but you can never perceive unfiltered reality.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Very happy to report that the silver amber was perfect - that is to say, I never noticed it. I never noticed my eyes hurting from the sun, and I never noticed that things seemed too dark - they were juuuuust right. Would've been nice if the goggles had just come with those in the first place ... ah well.

JayT

Tahoe Powder Junkie
Skier
IMHO goggle fogging is really a correlation of fit to face and to some extent, mouth breathing.

Which is why, to me, fit is actually most important. I could care less if the POC lens is 2% better or whatever, as if the difference is really noticeable anyway. As long as the lens is decent, comfort and being able to forget you're wearing goggles at all is key.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
True, fit is important. To each its own, though. BTW, not to beat up the dead horse, the NXT lens is not 2% better, it's better to the extent that I am still using it during storm days, even though I have a dedicated hi-yellow Oakley goggle (and by most accounts that lens has one the two best storm lens tints, if not the best). If you care about numbers, the NXT acuity is 45 on the Abbe scale (regular glass is 44), and polycarbonate is 22 or something like that. So we are talking twice as clear (not 2%, 2 times), and trust me, yes, it IS noticeable. I am not dissing your purchase, just stating the facts. FWIIW, I am saving for the next year's Smith ChromaPop I/OXs (which should have NXT lenses in the I/OX frame). I would probably pay retail for that goggle, because for my face that would deliver fit and clarity.

BTW, none of the fast interchangeable lenses fog too much, the reason is that interchangeable design makes the seals between the lens and the frame much looser than a traditional goggle, so they get a lot more "drafty". So, unless your helmet is channeling your breath inside the goggle, you should be fine in any of the modern high-end goggle. Fit to the helmet is of course a different story.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I honestly can say I didn't find the M2's drafty. @JayT I agree with what you are saying. As long as any goggle ftits well give you good vision and doesn't fog, use it, btw. I got my m2's on sale at Campsaver over the summer for $75. I think they were an open box or sample. That's the way to buy $200.00 goggles.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yeah, I don't buy the magnets -> air flow thing. There's no gap. If the magnets held so loosely as to allow airflow, I wouldn't trust them in a fall.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I go with the 2 goggle system. Oakley Crowbar - one for mid to Bright days and the Hi-Yellow for low light/flat light/storms. The reality is that I can ski the Hi-Yellow most of the time at Schweitzer. Good news is that I may Choose the Bright lens and live with it if the weather changes - but have never chosen the Hi-yellow and had it get sunny - at least not yet!

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
Excellent discussion everyone both from the scientific side (advantages of better lens materials) to personal experiences. This is why I enjoy the site!

jaliebs

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Does anyone have the pre-silicon M2s that has a good, mechanically disinclined solution for adding something to the strap to give it grip against a helmet? I vastly prefer my M2s to my I/OXs, but the fact that a $200+ google didn't include a silicon strip on the strap drives me nuts.

TPJ

Like PBJ, but not as ubiquitous!
Instructor
I was very excited when I first saw the M2 goggle. When I went to buy a pair the following season I wasn't so impressed. I love the magnets. The frame doesn't fit my face very well. The strap didn't have any silicon on it and lacked the hook closure that I like. The lenses didn't impress me. I bought another pair of Smith IO. Later that same year I was gifted a pair of M2s from a skiing client. He was having fogging problems and wound up replacing the M2 with the Smith IO turbo fan and loves the Smiths. I have used the M2 a few times and find it to be an inferior goggle in every respect except for lens changing to the Smith IO. I do like using my M2 with the yellow lens for night skiing and torchlights. I don't change lenses very often and the IO system works fine for me. I have a stack of IO lenses, but the ones I sue the most are the polarized photochramatic, the black out, and the platinum mirror. I use the photo-chromatic the most even though I don't really love the blue tint very much. I also have a pair of Smith chromapop sunglasses with the polar-chromatic ignitor lenses. I like them, they are very clear and the photo-chromatic part seems to work. I am not a huge fan of the ignitor tint though. I have had ignitor lenses in goggles and other sunglasses. I much preferred the copper polar-chromatic glass lenses I had before the chromapop lens was introduced.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Hey Great to see you here! I really think it comes down to face shape. Turbo fans just didn't work well for me and the power plug just keeps popping out constantly, (my Bro-in-law has same problem). Nice thing is if the M2 fogs you can take the whole lens off easily and quickly and dry it off. No need to wipe inside the frame.

Twynam

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My first post!

I have the WM without the silicon and it drove me mad. I bought a tube of silicon from the hardware store and spread it on the headband. It made a huge difference.

I have a few different lenses and none of them have fogged.

colospgmike

Putting on skis
Skier
Ready-clear-bam -old thread brought back to life. Anyone using the M2's have experience blue lagoon vs pink ice or red ice. last couple of times at the basin while snowing the blue lagoons are not working for me. Thinking I want to get a lens back in the rose spectrum for snowing conditions and give that a try.

Sponsor

Staff online