• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Anna Vieth (Fenninger) announces retirement

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll never forget the crushed look on Veith's face when Ledecka beat her by 0.01 to take the gold medal in Super-G at the 2018 Olympics. I love a surprise win as much as anybody but I was so rooting for Veith to take the gold that day. A superb skier.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Karking injuries. She would have been one of the greats
I think I will still be able to look back & remember her skiing more clearly than many of the other more dominant racers.

I'll never forget the crushed look on Veith's face when Ledecka beat her by 0.01 to take the gold medal in Super-G at the 2018 Olympics. I love a surprise win as much as anybody but I was so rooting for Veith to take the gold that day. A superb skier.
Same here, Would’ve meant so much as she struggled to come back to her former greatness.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I always have a soft spot for athletes who manage to succeed without size and absolute power, in a world where size and power are sometimes said to be everything.

James

Out There
Instructor
Nooooooo....
She was one of the best ever before that hideous knee injury. 2018 Olympics was really unfortunate. 1/100!

2015 Vail Championships
GS

SG

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
She made Lindsey look very ordinary at her home world champs in 2015.

A real pocket rocket

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
More from FIS here. I love this: "I look back with so much gratitude and only a pinch of melancholy."

Sponsor

Staff online