• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ANGI, new helmet and rider safety device.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I hope it's voice activated and all you have to do is say "I'm good" within like 5 minutes. Otherwise it will not fit my riding style or my stubborn obstinance.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great concept!

If I'm understanding it correctly -- hopefully not -- you must have cell phone coverage for it to work?

When I do big "out there" rides, I carry a ResQ Link PLB. A bit of a PITA, but it is not dependent on cell coverage and does not need to be paired with a phone.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Great concept!

If I'm understanding it correctly -- hopefully not -- you must have cell phone coverage for it to work?

When I do big "out there" rides, I carry a ResQ Link PLB. A bit of a PITA, but it is not dependent on cell coverage and does not need to be paired with a phone.

LOL, unfortunately, yep, we have huge ares with no coverage too. you need cell coverage for all of these alerts including (if I'm not mistaken) gamins system as well. I think Gamins follow me works the best but I am not sure how the notification works. I often ride alone in remote areas (road) and she can see where I am.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
she can see where I am
Plain old google maps will do this too if you enable "share location". A group of us turned it on at one of the Gatherings and it worked pretty well.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Plain old google maps will do this too if you enable "share location". A group of us turned it on at one of the Gatherings and it worked pretty well.

plain old Garmin does that too as well as any information you are tracking like, speed, Heart rate, watts, etc and can notify a designated person if there's a crash but that uses cellular.

Sponsor

Staff online