• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

And now for something completely different - rate the turns

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Head B3's. Larry the boot guy spent about 4hrs grinding (6th toe and big toe areas) and reassembling the boots multiple times until just right.
Wow, serious boot!

Armed with FIS approved sole thickness and RD slalom kit the fully customisable Raptor B3 RD race boot delivers exact power transfer and control to professional athletes. The boot features an adjustable flex of 140 to 120 and has a raft of customisable features for personalised fit, function and comfort, including Racing Double Canting and Rear Support tuning, optional lacing, an adjustable tongue and booster strap. The boot also sports our micro-adjustable buckles and form fitting straps for optimum, pinch-free foot-wrap and a power strap for added rebound.

You're lucky. I was only given 5 toes. :)

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Deadslow the left footers, although looking a bit "parky" sometimes, they look better, as they have less rotation, which itself *may* be due to boot setup, but not bad overall! There's a lot to like in those *lazy* turns there...
:thumb:

Last edited:

razie

Sir Shiftsalot
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, I guess I don’t know what a non-lazy turn is
In a word, I'd call it less lazy when you bend the ski at or below the sidecut... there he's kind'a just above sidecut (14m ??), it looks like - though some turns get close. The movement pattern also is relaxed, the timing of the turn is relaxed, range of motion is relaxed (neither sitting nor standing in transition) etc.

But "lazy" is really relative to what one could do otherwise... I think he could do better.

Now I see the comments on the right hip and ankle. Yeah - that explains a lot. Good skiing!

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online