• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
Trying to fill out my quiver.

Current daily driver is the Enforcer 93. I get along very well with this ski. But I’m looking to expand. I’m pretty dead-set on the 104 for deeper snow (>10”) and the spring conditions we are experiencing in UT have me thinking about the low end of things.

My only concern about owning both an 88 and a 93 is that they may be too similar in terms of width, but everything I read about the 88 talks about it’s on-piste performance and how superior it is to the 93 in that regard.

So why not? Should I do this or should I not?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

Current daily driver is the Enforcer 93. I get along very well with this ski. But I’m looking to expand. I’m pretty dead-set on the 104 for deeper snow (>10”) and the spring conditions we are experiencing in UT have me thinking about the low end of things.

My only concern about owning both an 88 and a 93 is that they may be too similar in terms of width, but everything I read about the 88 talks about it’s on-piste performance and how superior it is to the 93 in that regard.

I currently ski the Enforcer 93 and 110. Enforcer 110 is an amazing ski and I just skied it in Alta/Snowbird a week and a half ago in super deep POW. The 110 is definitely worth consideration.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I’ve skied the 110 and come to the conclusion that even for my powder ski I prefer something on the narrower end of the spectrum. It’s why I chose the 93 over the 100 as my daily driver.

Even though I haven’t skied it yet I’m pretty confident the 104 will work for me. It’s the 88 I wonder about as a dedicated front side carver with the ability to get into some bumps and off trail every now and then when it hasn’t snowed in a while.

I currently ski the Enforcer 93 and 110. Enforcer 110 is an amazing ski and I just skied it in Alta/Snowbird a week and a half ago in super deep POW. The 110 is definitely worth consideration.

James

Out There
Instructor
What's that 115 Pro? I saw it in a store in VT. Looked very nice.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@DB Cooper, the simple solution is to make the 93s your early season/rock skis, and buy the 88 and 100.

The Enforcer line is interesting. The FRs (104, 110 and 115 Pro) have considerably more tail rocker than the 93 and 100, and ski considerably differently.

I wish the 115 was simply a wider clone of the 100, but that's just me, Resident Hater of Excessive Tail Rocker.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Yeah, if Im doing a 2 ski Enforcer quiver I would do 88 or 93 and 104 or 110. I have demoed the 93 and the 110 both in 185cm and liked them. They are different enough that they make a great pair.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
No way do I make the 93s rock skis! I like them too much!

@DB Cooper, the simple solution is to make the 93s your early season/rock skis, and buy the 88 and 100.

The Enforcer line is interesting. The FRs (104, 110 and 115 Pro) have considerably more tail rocker than the 93 and 100, and ski considerably differently.

I wish the 115 was simply a wider clone of the 100, but that's just me, Resident Hater of Excessive Tail Rocker.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Funny. A buddy and I were just talking about this. He is an enforcer guy and going to do the 88, 100 and 110. I am a blizzard guy and I am looking at the Brahma 82, Bonafide and th Rustler 11. Fun times.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
If I had to pick two for the east id pick

88, 104. Both 186cm

At Snowbird Id pick 93, 110 185 93 and 191 110

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m looking at three for the west. It’s the lower end that I’m having trouble filling out.

If I had to pick two for the east id pick

88, 104. Both 186cm

At Snowbird Id pick 93, 110 185 93 and 191 110

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m also very interested in the Brahma 82

Funny. A buddy and I were just talking about this. He is an enforcer guy and going to do the 88, 100 and 110. I am a blizzard guy and I am looking at the Brahma 82, Bonafide and th Rustler 11. Fun times.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’m also very interested in the Brahma 82

I demo’d it this year and really liked it. I have the 2016 Bonafide so the Brahma 82 felt similar in some ways. Solid, damp, quick, stable, fast, fun. But it does ski different than the Brahma 88. But they are both great.

Scott Martin

Booting up
Skier
What do you want the narrower ski for? I've skied both the E88 and E93, they are pretty close. Yes the 88 is slightly firmer, but it's shades of grey. It's a lot like comparing the 104/110. Yes there are subtle differences, but they aren't meant to complement each other, they fill the same role, just depends on the rest of your quiver. If you're looking for a ski to use primarily on-piste, I'd go for something that's a bigger leap from the 93. The Brahma 82 would fit the bill, but so would a ton of other carving/piste oriented skis (i.e. MX84, RC4 The Curve, Monster 83, K2 Iconic 84TI, etc).

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
What do you want the narrower ski for? I've skied both the E88 and E93, they are pretty close. Yes the 88 is slightly firmer, but it's shades of grey. It's a lot like comparing the 104/110. Yes there are subtle differences, but they aren't meant to complement each other, they fill the same role, just depends on the rest of your quiver. If you're looking for a ski to use primarily on-piste, I'd go for something that's a bigger leap from the 93. The Brahma 82 would fit the bill, but so would a ton of other carving/piste oriented skis (i.e. MX84, RC4 The Curve, Monster 83, K2 Iconic 84TI, etc).

Exactly why I did not get the Brahma 88 and looking at the 82 (along with the Monster 83). Not a big enough difference and leap from my Bonafide. The 82 should fit nicely.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Agree with the Brahma 82 as the skinny ski, E93 as the daily, E104 as the bit of snow/crud buster and the 190cm Moment Wildcat as the powder ski. E110 as the “powder ski” if you don’t have 2.
E115 is a good ski but doesn’t charge as hard as it’s length and weight would suggest. The 190cm Wildcat would be more stable than the E115, crush crud like a rock star yet is much more nimble in trees or in the air.

In Utah this year I’d be using the Wildcat and E104 the most this year I think as they have had such a great year. I’ve used my E104 lots in the East even through the heavy afternoon crud this year as it’s so good in that(better than the 100 or even 110 I think). Wildcat better still if it’s really thick and of course better in powder.

If I had to pick one “powder ski” I’d go 185cm E110. I don’t consider the 104E a powder ski especially in the West. It’s a fantastic daily driver/afternoon ski for there.

TS
DB Cooper

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I live in Park City and ski Canyons and Deer Valley mostly. I've come to the conclusion that I don't need a 110+ waste dedicated powder ski for a few reasons. First of all, resort powder gets tracked out very quickly so after the first 2-3 runs, float isn't that important. Second, I prefer my skis to be nimble and quick (not fast) and I like being able to turn/slash/pivot easier in the trees, so a narrower wasted wide ski suits me better, which is why I think the 104 is the perfect width for me.

Agree with the Brahma 82 as the skinny ski, E93 as the daily, E104 as the bit of snow/crud buster and the 190cm Moment Wildcat as the powder ski. E110 as the “powder ski” if you don’t have 2.
E115 is a good ski but doesn’t charge as hard as it’s length and weight would suggest. The 190cm Wildcat would be more stable than the E115, crush crud like a rock star yet is much more nimble in trees or in the air.

In Utah this year I’d be using the Wildcat and E104 the most this year I think as they have had such a great year. I’ve used my E104 lots in the East even through the heavy afternoon crud this year as it’s so good in that(better than the 100 or even 110 I think). Wildcat better still if it’s really thick and of course better in powder.

If I had to pick one “powder ski” I’d go 185cm E110. I don’t consider the 104E a powder ski especially in the West. It’s a fantastic daily driver/afternoon ski for there.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I live in Park City and ski Canyons and Deer Valley mostly. I've come to the conclusion that I don't need a 110+ waste dedicated powder ski for a few reasons. First of all, resort powder gets tracked out very quickly so after the first 2-3 runs, float isn't that important. Second, I prefer my skis to be nimble and quick (not fast) and I like being able to turn/slash/pivot easier in the trees, so a narrower wasted wide ski suits me better, which is why I think the 104 is the perfect width for me.

Saw Utah and immediately thought Alta and Snowbird where the Wildcats rule supreme there.

The places you ski you could go everywhere with the 104 Free and they are very good in tracked powder or crud. The Wildcat is of course better still in tracked out powder and with it’s increased rocker, pivots even easier in trees and tight spaces than the 104 Free.

Advantage of the 104 Free is soft groomer performance with it’s longer effective edge and being much quicker edge to edge when carving turns. E104 still super easy to pivot though and is an absolute blast in moguls!

Just skied today with the 104 Free as I knew the groomers would turn to mush around 11am with the warm weather we are having. That ski rips soft groomers!

Picked up a pair of E93 myself as they are priced so great with the Spring Sales. Store I buy from had stock of the E88 and the E104 and has them at just 10% of retail as they are 2020 stock.

Sponsor