• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
They tout it as their "Women's BMP: Forward binding mounting point to make turning easier for energy-saving skiing." Reminds me of the sales guy who was shocked my friend was shopping for the Backland 102s because "women don't usually like skis that wide. Anything over 95 or 100, their thighs just get too tired."

This is their visual for the women's line - god I hope it's not to scale. I kind of face palmed when they reached out this winter like "Is it the colors? Is it the Ranger name? Why don't women like our skis?"

View attachment 72614

Dredging up an old thread but I just read this and felt compelled to comment - I demoed a different 2020 Fischer womens ski, the My Pro Mt 80, and had a pretty weird time on it. I felt oddly off-balance in the fore-aft plane and although I could get some ok performance out of the ski and I could kind of see it had potential - my balance was just constantly being thrown and I was totally done after only a single run. My legs and knees were hurting and I just couldn't face another run on those skis. I had no issues with the other brands I demoed both before and after that ski (on the same day) and I don't think the Fischer ski was any more demanding than the other skis i was on (largely a selection of Augment skis) so it was a bit of a mystery to me, but seeing this comment, I wonder if Fischer just did a poor job on the mount point for a lot of their womens skis? Now I wonder what the My Pro Mt 80 would be like with the mount point shifted back a bit!

TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dredging up an old thread but I just read this and felt compelled to comment - I demoed a different 2020 Fischer womens ski, the My Pro Mt 80, and had a pretty weird time on it. I felt oddly off-balance in the fore-aft plane and although I could get some ok performance out of the ski and I could kind of see it had potential - my balance was just constantly being thrown and I was totally done after only a single run. My legs and knees were hurting and I just couldn't face another run on those skis. I had no issues with the other brands I demoed both before and after that ski (on the same day) and I don't think the Fischer ski was any more demanding than the other skis i was on (largely a selection of Augment skis) so it was a bit of a mystery to me, but seeing this comment, I wonder if Fischer just did a poor job on the mount point for a lot of their womens skis? Now I wonder what the My Pro Mt 80 would be like with the mount point shifted back a bit!
That ski is not more demanding at all. It's good that you are able to discern that "something just isn't right." Some people do anatomically prefer a more forward mount point, others don't (I am one of those.) Part of what you were feeling also was probably due to the fact that you were skiing Augment prior! ;) Those are premium skis that have an exceptional feel to them!

EmperorMA

Putting on skis
Skier
Liberty V76 W
Dimensions: 126-76-106
Radius: 12m@158cm
Sizes: 151, 158, 165
Size tested: 158

Design: All New

Holy little sports car! I think I would prefer it in about a 162 length, but it still inspired me to zip down the hill at a fast clip, and dip into some soft moguls that had formed along the sides of the runs, where it was a hoot. The sidecut and shovel made me think it was going to lock me into a turn and not smear, but that was not the case. It was quite effortless and definitely fun!
  • Who is it for? Someone who doesn't want to think too much while skiing.
  • Who is it not for? Someone who prefers to straightline.
  • Insider tip: Don't hesitate to size down.

Liberty V82 W
Dimensions: 129-82-110
Radius: 12.5m@165cm
Sizes: 151, 158, 165
Size tested: 165

Design: All New

See the above review of the V76. These two skis were very similar in feel and shape. I did ski this V82 in some untracked powder and crud, in addition to soft groomers, and it was just easy. It smeared in all conditions, yet didn't feel like it wanted to wash out at any time. Liberty is producing some very nice skis that are user-friendly yet can handle a lot more than just cruising!
  • Who is it for? Someone who wants a refined, easy ski that can handle variety.
  • Who is it not for? Over-aggressive charger.
  • Insider tip: Want moguls? Go shorter. Want to zoom? Go longer.
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to review all these skis! Very informative and the writing style certainly showcases your enthusiasm!

I wanted to concur with your assessment of the Liberty V82 W. My wife recently bought a pair for cruising groomers and taking into wet powder, chop and PNW crud. She absolutely loves them!

She prefers making short to medium turns and actively seeks out small stashes along the edges, and these skis are just so easy for her to do what she wants. She’s even been able to ski them very well in 8” of fresh and the corresponding afternoon chop that goes with it, as well as being very comfortable on icy morning groomers and afternoon spring slush.

The Liberty V82 W has been easy for her to ski and has made skiing very, very fun. For next season she’ll be looking for something 95-100 underfoot for use on snow days and to round out her two-ski quiver.

Thanks again!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you were on the My Pro Mt 80, it was likely mounted with a Tyrolia Attack 11 (not the 13).
That particular binding has quite a bit of delta which could be a major factor, especially if you have a short boot sole length.
This is why I rarely put the Attack 11 on a ski for anyone with a small boot, which ironically is the customer that binding is built for.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What do you mean by "delta" in reference to a binding?
The difference in height from the toe to the heel.
The Attack 11 has a higher heel height than the 13.

TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to review all these skis! Very informative and the writing style certainly showcases your enthusiasm!

I wanted to concur with your assessment of the Liberty V82 W. My wife recently bought a pair for cruising groomers and taking into wet powder, chop and PNW crud. She absolutely loves them!

She prefers making short to medium turns and actively seeks out small stashes along the edges, and these skis are just so easy for her to do what she wants. She’s even been able to ski them very well in 8” of fresh and the corresponding afternoon chop that goes with it, as well as being very comfortable on icy morning groomers and afternoon spring slush.

The Liberty V82 W has been easy for her to ski and has made skiing very, very fun. For next season she’ll be looking for something 95-100 underfoot for use on snow days and to round out her two-ski quiver.

Thanks again!
Thank you! I'm blushing a little! Glad they were informative.
An 82 and 95-100 is a great quiver!

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
If you were on the My Pro Mt 80, it was likely mounted with a Tyrolia Attack 11 (not the 13).
That particular binding has quite a bit of delta which could be a major factor, especially if you have a short boot sole length.
This is why I rarely put the Attack 11 on a ski for anyone with a small boot, which ironically is the customer that binding is built for.

Ha, that could definitely be another factor if so! My BSL is 265. Pretty much every demo tech comments on the size!

TS
AmyPJ

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha, that could definitely be another factor if so! My BSL is 265. Pretty much every demo tech comments on the size!
I'm in a 263, and even the Aattack 13 binding is too high in the heel for me. I have a pair on my Santa Anas and had to shim the toe by 3mm. (@Tricia, it wasn't the tune! They are rippin' again with the bindings shimmed!) :daffy:

Sponsor

Staff online