• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

America's Best Bootfitters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Giving this thread a huge bump.....

I want to share an experience I had yesterday because I feel it is worthy of positive recognition in this thread:

A few weeks ago, I called and made an appointment for my friend (who lives in Sparta, NJ) to meet with Scott Hopkins (Guenther's Ski Haus) to be fitted for new boots. My friend is a PT/Chiropractor (former athlete) and is a relatively new skier (50+ yo) that is really looking to improve his skiing. I really stressed to my friend that to get the results he was looking for, was to start with his boots, and that he really needed to see a professional boot fitter..........so we drove up to see Scott yesterday at Guenther's/Elk.

I have always known Scott to be a master of his craft......it's just so impressive how he runs his 2 Guenther's locations (Elk, Honesdale) and the quality work him and his staff do at both locations. Yesterday was just such a positive experience.....the time he took to fit my friend for his boots and foot beds yesterday. We all sat for 2 hours talking, sharing stories, gathering information... all along the process of fitting the boots for my friend. He ended up in a Tecnica Mach1 MV 120.....and as we wrapped up, as he always does.....Scott invited my friend back anytime if there were any issues that may develop while skiing and they would work together to find solutions.....We all walked out knowing it was totally the right decision for them to drive the 2 hours to come up to Elk for the day.....plus we had lunch at Chet's.

As I have done in the past, (even as an employee of another shop here in NEPA).....if you are in the area looking for a quality shop, go see Scott Hopkins and his staff at Guenther's, they truly are the quality local ski shop that members here on SkiTalk are always looking for.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
THere's a bootfitter closer to Sparta that is highly regarded. Ski Barn in Wayne picked up Greg Pier when Heino's shut down.

Sponsor

Staff online