• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta American Airlines announces direct flights from Philadelphia to Montana

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
American Airlines will continue to expand its domestic offerings out of Philadelphia International Airport, adding nonstop service to Montana beginning in 2020.

The airport announced that the new flight from Philadelphia to Bozeman, in the Rocky Mountains of southern Montana, will debut next June.
American Airlines has added or announced eight new domestic flights out of Philadelphia in 2019, including several cities in Florida; Chatanooga, Tennessee; Vail, Colorado; Bentonville, Arkansas; and Asheville, North Carolina.

The flight to Bozeman marks the airport's first nonstop service between Philadelphia and Montana.

“Montana is beautiful and Bozeman is a portal to a national treasure, Yellowstone National Park,” said PHL Airport CEO Chellie Cameron. “We are excited that American is opening another convenient path between Philadelphia and popular destinations here and abroad.”

Bozeman is approximately a 90-minute drive from Yellowstone National Park, which is mostly in Wyoming, but also small portions in Montana and Idaho.

The weekly service to Bozeman will run from June 6, 2020, to Sept. 5, 2020, on Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
"National parks are a major summertime attraction for many families,” said Jim Moses, American Airlines vice president of PHL operations. “American’s new seasonal service to Bozeman, Montana will provide customers in Philadelphia and across the East Coast a fast, easy connection to some of the country’s most well-renowned natural treasures.”

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
American Airlines will continue to expand its domestic offerings out of Philadelphia International Airport, adding nonstop service to Montana beginning in 2020.

The airport announced that the new flight from Philadelphia to Bozeman, in the Rocky Mountains of southern Montana, will debut next June.
The weekly service to Bozeman will run from June 6, 2020, to Sept. 5, 2020...”

Blatant season discrimination!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
This is what happens when airlines don't invest in snow tires for the planes.

I imagine it would be a b*tch for someone to go put on chains mid-flight.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Back in May, AA announced new winter seasonal service between Philadelphia and Eagle/Vail. Now I'm wondering if they had an inside line on the Vail/Peak Resorts merger ogsmile
Anyway, all the airlines have excess capacity in the winter... it's just a matter of trying to figure out whether a ski destination can really make sense. Most of the country loves $89 airfares into Denver International (followed by gridlock on I-70 and crowded slopes). But it's tough to make anything near that price point work for Bozeman, Kalispell, Aspen, Telluride, etc.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
[Snark].... Why LaGuardia?.. It's gotta be the worst airport I can ever remember being in. [/snark]

And it has gotten worst. I know you thought that isn't possible.
They are in the midst of an $8B cluster ... I meant upgrade. Someday, the passengers have to walk into the airport with their bags in tow from a mile out due to traffic. They have taken out ads on radio and other medias pleading with people to be patient.

Sponsor

Staff online