• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Alterra CEO doesn't want Ikon to ruin resorts.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
oh man i can only imagine the uproar at the Bird when the premium pass folks board the tram in front of people lined up for hours!
They sneak them in through a side door. When my son's pass didn't work at the Tram, we went back to the pass office for troubleshooting. After fixing the problem, they let us go in the back way instead of going back to the back of the line.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Premier Plus pass is $449 in ADDITION to your season pass.
Premier pass is $399 in ADDITION to your season pass.

https://www.coppercolorado.com/plan-your-trip/season-passes/premier-pass

I was thinking I would never pay for anything like that.
Then I read the other benefits, and I really like the idea of a salt water hot tub to relax and deal with aching muscles at the end of the day, and before a potentially long drive back to wherever I lived/was staying.

Now it is easier than ever to get more out of your ski day with the Copper Premier Pass and Premier Pass Plus.

Imagine having the freedom to skip lift lines at six different chairlifts. Jonesing to get on the mountain early? Both the Premier and Premier Pass Plus come with 30 minute early access on the American Eagle only. Each pass also comes with a free high performance/demo rental.

Make your day even easier with the Premier Pass Plus. Enjoy all the benefits of the Premier Pass plus free parking in six of Copper’s highly sought after parking lots. Additionally, after a great day on the mountain, relax in the Copper Athletic Club's salt water pool and hot tubs with your free membership.

The Premier Pass starts at $399 for adults and $299 for children and teens. Full details below.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That's not a line. THIS is a line! Squaw on the 4th. IKON is the pass. I'm guessing no one gots cuts that day!

Stratton's express line is not related to the Ikon pass. It's for the Stratton Mountain Club members. They had it for over 20 years.
Doesn't matter how long the regular lines are. The express line load before the private lesson line. The only ones that have loading priority over them are the ski patrols.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Stratton's express line is not related to the Ikon pass. It's for the Stratton Mountain Club members. They had it for over 20 years.
Doesn't matter how long the regular lines are. The express line load before the private lesson line. The only ones that have loading priority over them are the ski patrols.
Whoops, missed the connection! Shocking, I know.:D

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Wow. I didn't know any of this existed. Seven Summits pass at Snowbird is $7500 a year. Not a bad option if you can afford it but aren't wealthy enough for the Yellowstone Club.

I notice it that includes privileges for a friend. Looks like I need to make some new friends :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I was thinking I would never pay for anything like that.
Then I read the other benefits, and I really like the idea of a salt water hot tub to relax and deal with aching muscles at the end of the day, and before a potentially long drive back to wherever I lived/was staying.

Now it is easier than ever to get more out of your ski day with the Copper Premier Pass and Premier Pass Plus.

Imagine having the freedom to skip lift lines at six different chairlifts. Jonesing to get on the mountain early? Both the Premier and Premier Pass Plus come with 30 minute early access on the American Eagle only. Each pass also comes with a free high performance/demo rental.

Make your day even easier with the Premier Pass Plus. Enjoy all the benefits of the Premier Pass plus free parking in six of Copper’s highly sought after parking lots. Additionally, after a great day on the mountain, relax in the Copper Athletic Club's salt water pool and hot tubs with your free membership.

The Premier Pass starts at $399 for adults and $299 for children and teens. Full details below.

If you ski Copper Mtn a lot its worth it. 30min early start on a pow day. Just that will dramatically change your experience.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I notice it that includes privileges for a friend. Looks like I need to make some new friends :)

In the old days, that's how I got cocktails at the bars on mountain in Utah. You had to be a member to get in and I didn't want to pay the membership fee. I used to stand at the door and yell, "Who wants to sponsor me? I'm buying." I was a 20 something female. It worked every time.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Forget that. How long was the line at the bar?
Who knows? BYOB! Those pictures don't even show the whole crowd waiting for the Funitel. First one is who was ahead of us, second was who was behind us. The line (blob?) wrapped back around the building, across the access road, along the condos, and out into the parking lot. Once at the top there were two, maybe three lifts spinning. It was worth it to say we skied on the 4th but I sure wouldn't want to do it every day!

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m surprised at the extent of the market for priority pass lines. Thanks to all for the examples.

The snowbird one at $7500 is the weirdest at some level to me. It seems it requires a lot of time on slope to be economic versus heli days or private lessons or what have you.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m surprised at the extent of the market for priority pass lines. Thanks to all for the examples.

The snowbird one at $7500 is the weirdest at some level to me. It seems it requires a lot of time on slope to be economic versus heli days or private lessons or what have you.

Some have more money than time. Lots of people out there are maximizing the time off - at any cost. Money is cheap. Especially if one can write it off.
The Stratton Mountain Club costs more than the one at Bird. Most are only there for the weekend. The extra cost is chump change. Time is more precious.

When we were working, time was money. Now we are retired. Time, we have. I skied last season for less than $6.50 per day. I am OK with that. I don't even have a urge to chase powder. I am pretty content with myself.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's a great point. While I don't have a lot of money, I'm way shorter on time.
Sometimes a $150 day trip is just what has to be done and is money well spent.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Some have more money than time. Lots of people out there are maximizing the time off - at any cost. Money is cheap. Especially if one can write it off.
The Stratton Mountain Club costs more than the one at Bird. Most are only there for the weekend. The extra cost is chump change. Time is more precious.

When we were working, time was money. Now we are retired. Time, we have. I skied last season for less than $6.50 per day. I am OK with that. I don't even have a urge to chase powder. I am pretty content with myself.
Yup it's all relative. I have multiple clients that have 6(some maybe 7) figures worth of shoes in their closet.

In the few times I've been to Snowbird I've only seen the Seven Summits line used by a few of people.

Sponsor

Staff online