• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Alta, Solitude, or Brighton for a day

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
Howdy folks!

This Friday (March 15th) I will have access to a pair of Ski Utah Gold passes to go try a new resort. I'm debating between Alta, Solitude, and Brighton.

I would consider myself an advanced/expert skier who really enjoys technical challenging terrain, as well as wide open fast moving terrain. I would love to be able to get into some in-bounds chutes or exciting terrain like that relatively easily. However, I will be skiing with my girlfriend who although can ski more difficult terrain, prefers flatter more open runs. So if any of these resorts have options where we can ride the same lift, I can ski something exciting and she can ski a groomer, and we can meet up in the same spot easily, that would be ideal.

Overall, I just want to have a good day. So whatever resort has a fun blend of "it all" seems like it would be a good bet.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Your game plan may have some holes in it. Regardless, the answer is always Alta. Not that the other two areas are unrewarding. It's just that ... If you've never skied Alta you should capitalize on the opportunity.

An obvious place to start is to take the Collins lift. GF can take groomers back to Collins base while you drop off the high traverse on skier right back down into the same valley. You can do the same off Wildcat, swapping left and right. (You go skier left, she goes skier right.)

Getting the timing and satisfaction levels right is on you.

TS
Kbat117

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
Sweet! Alta it is! And snowbird is an option but I've been there before (and loved it). Just kookloo to try something new. :)

Sponsor