• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Alta Lodging Deals?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Considering a visit of several days to Alta, in what I'd think would be an off-peak time in early January - after New Years but before MLK weekend. Father-son trip. Would really love to be in Alta proper, where we stayed at the GMD happily years ago. However, I am not finding any kind of discounts or deals on those properties, notwithstanding the season. I know they are never inexpensive, and that I need to figure in the meals that are typically included. I also know that if I really want cheap I can go down into the valley. Even with those understandings, prices still seem pretty high and I'm wondering if any regulars have suggestions about how to score a better rate at one of these places.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to PM if that works better.
(will probably cross-post to the other place)

EDIT: I see there is a whole thread on this at Epic ... digesting ...

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
GMD does 12% off for previous guests, I believe. Do you have a Mtn Collective?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey Tony,

I did a similar trip with my son a few years ago, also in January. I found a studio condo/timeshare through Craigslist at Snowbird for $600 for a full week. We skied 3 days at Alta and 2 at Snowbird. Took a shuttle from airport and busses up to Alta from there... skied back to Snowbird from Wildcat lift. Only downside was having limited and expensive dining and grocery options.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, thanks. Just got that from the other thread. Had not done enough homework before posting. I have a note out to them and a couple other places. ( Like many internet people I'll do almost anything to avoid telephoning and having to speak with an actual human. :eek: )

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Tony,

I did a similar trip with my son a few years ago, also in January. I found a studio condo/timeshare through Craigslist at Snowbird for $600 for a full week. We skied 3 days at Alta and 2 at Snowbird. Took a shuttle from airport and busses up to Alta from there... skied back to Snowbird from Wildcat lift. Only downside was having limited and expensive dining and grocery options.

Good idea. Thanks.