• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
Hey All,

I'm heading to Alta/Bird for the first time from 1/30 to 2/4 and then Jackson Hole from 2/4 - 2/8 and I'd love to see if there's anyone who can show me 'round the mountains! Also would love any recommendations for ski instructors at all 3 resorts (I'm 32, athletic, upper intermediate to advanced/expert skier who's always eager to keep improving).

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I, and several others around here, highly recommend @TPJ at Jackson Hole as someone who will definitely take your skiing to the next level.

As to Alta/Bird, I am arriving 2/3, with my first day of skiing 2/4. Drop me a PM if you are skiing Snowbird Sunday and would like to meet for a few turns.

TS
E221b

E221b

Skier
Anyone else around AltaBird or JHMR? Also any advice on how to attack Alta/Bird if there’s no new snow in the forecast? Any insider tips would be appreciated!

JPM

Booting up
Skier
Anyone else around AltaBird or JHMR? Also any advice on how to attack Alta/Bird if there’s no new snow in the forecast? Any insider tips would be appreciated!

At Alta with rock skis and accept you will hit something if you stray off the groomers. There is good snow, but getting to it can be a challenge. It is amazing what an Alta 6 can do for skiing so keep your hopes up.

TS
E221b

E221b

Skier
At Alta with rock skis and accept you will hit something if you stray off the groomers. There is good snow, but getting to it can be a challenge. It is amazing what an Alta 6 can do for skiing so keep your hopes up.
Unfortunately I only own two pairs of skis and they're both brand new! I'll just have to be extra careful! Might not need to whip out the Enforcer 100 and stay on the E88 HD instead...

Sponsor

Staff online