• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
All Things Wulf

Wulf Ski Bindings

SKI Dec 1975 - Wulf - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like the disc stays with the plate.Probably a little hard to walk in but maybe good for pirouettes.

wulf bindings 001.jpg

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
That's a really interesting design. I ve never seen one in the flesh, though I saw a review in a mid 70s mag' [before it seems to have sunk without trace].

That looks to be two 'Americana' type plate binding barrels. each pressing against a grove machined into a disk. It's kind of spademan meets gertsch [though I guess in the spademan the arms were 'pulled' together.

In the day there could be an argument for it with the load being measured close to the tibial axis [ish anyway]. I was pondering how it would behave with upward loads but the blocks the plate rests on would change the leverage & the pivot point in the system so it might make sense and get close to a 4:1 My:Mz ratio. The maths and engineering would have been a bit painful in the mid 70s but a 14 year old could probably work it out these days.

Sponsor