• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mehmet

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello all,
Just signed up after getting to this page on Google while searching about my "new" Tyrolia 360R bindings. I just got these on a Hexcel Sundance 2 skis from an elderly person for $20. Seems like they are pretty old but they look ok. Do you recommend using them?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Hello all,
Just signed up after getting to this page on Google while searching about my "new" Tyrolia 360R bindings. I just got these on a Hexcel Sundance 2 skis from an elderly person for $20. Seems like they are pretty old but they look ok. Do you recommend using them?
If they are all metal and the internals haven't rusted away I would use them without worry. If in any other condition, I would use them gently, fully expecting to be skiing along on one ski at any moment, but I like to live dangerously.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hello all,
You will be on your own un using these because no shop will adjust, set and test them to make sure that they are functioning properly. If using them, it wouldn't be on anything more than a Green trail or maybe an easy Blue.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hello all,

If you have to ask, no. If they have been a long time out in the weather there will be rusty internal parts. If they have been lovingly stored inside you might put them on the carpet and adjust to the lowest "din" and twist and walk out of them a couple dozen times then increase "din" and repeat. Then use at own risk. I don't think your health insurer would appreciate you using 40 year old technology.

Curious though, how long are they? Condition? Could you post a picture? Asking for a friend.:D

Mehmet

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
If you have to ask, no. If they have been a long time out in the weather there will be rusty internal parts. If they have been lovingly stored inside you might put them on the carpet and adjust to the lowest "din" and twist and walk out of them a couple dozen times then increase "din" and repeat. Then use at own risk. I don't think your health insurer would appreciate you using 40 year old technology.

Curious though, how long are they? Condition? Could you post a picture? Asking for a friend.:D

Here are the images for the skis and bindings. By the way they are 80inches long. Would like to add that I would consider myself still a newbie to skiing so I believe it would be a no no for me to use these skis.

IMG_3127.jpg
IMG_3119.jpg IMG_3120.jpg IMG_3121.jpg IMG_3123.jpg IMG_3124.jpg IMG_3125.jpg IMG_3127.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are the images for the skis and bindings. By the way they are 80inches long. Would like to add that I would consider myself still a newbie to skiing so I believe it would be a no no for me to use these skis.

View attachment 81608 View attachment 81602 View attachment 81603 View attachment 81604 View attachment 81605 View attachment 81606 View attachment 81607 View attachment 81608

Consider the 20.00 you paid the elderly gentleman a donation.

You should not ski those...sell them to someone looking for vintage equipment or someone looking to make ski furniture or ski fences....lol

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
If you are used to skiing "shaped skis", it will take you quite some time to adapt to the much longer turn radius. I grew up skiing "straight" skis, and it still takes me a few hours to dial my skiing in when I take out my antique 70-m sidecut radius SG skis.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Agree, 200 cm straight skis are not for newbs. I would be interested but not worth the shipping. Hang on to them for 20 years you might double your money.

Dan

Putting on skis
Skier
IMG_20191213_170650571.jpg
IMG_20191213_170638328.jpg

These are seemingly great shape 390's. Toe lugs are metal. Heel lug is metal. Bulk of body is metal. Heel lever and rear portion of heel that moves is plastic. Toe has plastic at the tip. Instincts are that these will fail. Anyone have experience recently with din 4-10 390's? If they are prone to fail, is there a screw compatible all metal version of these or similar? Thanks

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 87270 View attachment 87271

These are seemingly great shape 390's. Toe lugs are metal. Heel lug is metal. Bulk of body is metal. Heel lever and rear portion of heel that moves is plastic. Toe has plastic at the tip. Instincts are that these will fail. Anyone have experience recently with din 4-10 390's? If they are prone to fail, is there a screw compatible all metal version of these or similar? Thanks
They look like they are in good shape. If the plastic on the heel has a faded look to it that is not a good sign. The plastic of that day would fade in the ultraviolet light and become weak. The Tyrolia has metal under the plastic and if plastic fails the metal may still work but not a good idea.

Dan

Putting on skis
Skier
I want to move these toes a cm forward but can't figure out how to remove the AFD to get at the screws. Any hints?

And of course I have to ask. Seems the heel is in great shape, but plastic (the lever) are likely to fail soon. Is that the case? Thanks!
IMG_20200310_181957382.jpg

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looks very similar to mine, but mine are grey. I have the metal ones, bought the year before they switched to Delrin (which they recalled). I can't tell you how to take off the AFD, but can tell you I have had no plastic or other failures on mine yet; I still ski them (fast on SG skis) occasionally, but I like to live dangerously.

Uncle-A

Skier
Take a thin blade maybe a putty knife and slide it under from the back of the AFD towards the toe in the center of the AFD. Next push the AFD back away from the toe. If you are able to move both the pad and the putty knife back at the same time it may be easier. Sorry I don't have any photos to add.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Calgary RDX on 213 Head CR Radial DH. Din 6-14 on the toe 8-16 on the heel. Were they all like that?
IMG_1622.JPG

Uncle-A

Skier
Calgary RDX on 213 Head CR Radial DH. Din 6-14 on the toe 8-16 on the heel. Were they all like that?
View attachment 111858
No, they should be both the same. I have a set of 490 Calgary bindings and they match toe and heel 6 - 12 DIN there is a photo in this thread page 1 post #10.

Last edited:

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
390RD. 8-16 heel, 6-14 toe. Don't think I have seen the RD period designation before.

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

380 RDX 8-16 heel, 6-R toe.
IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online