• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
387A0BB9-9B5B-43A9-B915-DF6FB4CD6A99.jpeg
Perhaps not s “ski car” but on a powder day this is definitely how I feel.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't forget the red 1969 Cougar XR7 in James Bonds, "On Her Majesties Secret Service" with George Lazenby. Mines blue.
3A9AFD26-DBD0-474E-9A8C-A69B83E83EEB.jpeg

E75ED65D-CDC9-4888-9504-DE18C3814638.jpeg

FC768BF5-2E34-427B-9B4C-71C5EE6E6E84.jpeg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
ext.jpg
Freeze Oct 2000 - Marker - Pugski - Dave Petersen.jpg
Holmes.JPG

Brad Holmes

Posaune

sliding
Skier
79d6da0ea0fd4d9c5cc184cc0da86c51.jpg

This was first posted by crgildart a long time ago on page 3 of the thread. I was just looking at all the pics when I saw this one and it brought me up short. There is something VERY wrong about this picture that nobody noticed. Anyone see it now? (No, it's not because the skis are pointed forward, it's more fundamental than that, though a car with skis on it parked at home plate in a baseball stadium is a bit odd in itself.)

I'll post the answer a bit later to give folks a little time to work on it.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Nobody chimed in, so I'll answer my own riddle. What's wrong with the picture of the car with skis on it parked in a baseball stadium in front of home plate with two young people siting on the hood, and one "playing" sax? The problem is that the sax player's hands are wrong. You play all woodwind instruments, not just saxophone, with your left hand on top and your right hand on the bottom, this guy is opposite. To a musician it looks like someone with their skis on backwards does to a skier. Weird.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
You should put both toe and heel in-between the two racks and that photo has the bindings split with the toe between the two racks and the heel behind the back rack. It also looks like only one ski is pointed forward and one is tail forward.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
The problem is that the sax player's hands are wrong. You play all woodwind instruments, not just saxophone, with your left hand on top and your right hand on the bottom, this guy is opposite.

You're likely the only Pugster who would've noticed that.
I'm with @Uncle-A on this one.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Nobody chimed in, so I'll answer my own riddle. What's wrong with the picture of the car with skis on it parked in a baseball stadium in front of home plate with two young people siting on the hood, and one "playing" sax? The problem is that the sax player's hands are wrong. You play all woodwind instruments, not just saxophone, with your left hand on top and your right hand on the bottom, this guy is opposite. To a musician it looks like someone with their skis on backwards does to a skier. Weird.
Actually, look at the "SS" on the front fender. It looks more like a"22". That picture is printed in mirror image, so the sax player is legit.

dm

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Is that true for a left-handed person because a left-handed guitar plays in reverse don't they?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually, look at the "SS" on the front fender. It looks more like a"22". That picture is printed in mirror image, so the sax player is legit.

dm

upload_2019-7-26_12-42-45.png

Backwards!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Took this photo in Vail a few weeks ago.

IMG_8884.JPG

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
You're likely the only Pugster who would've noticed that.
I'm with @Uncle-A on this one.

Actually, that was my first thought when @Posaune re-posted it, but being a trumpet player, I wasn't sure. It just looked awkward. My second thoughts was the choice of tires for a ski car and tips forward. I didn't notice the binding placement.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Is that true for a left-handed person because a left-handed guitar plays in reverse don't they?
I believe so. I don't think they make lefty saxes; they do make lefty guitars although some people play right handed guitars upside down and strung upside down so they can pick up most any guitar and play it. Hendrix played a righty guitar, but restrung it lefty.