• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Mack If we make it up your way, we would love to see the whole collection.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
So many Scotts that didn't break.

Mine were yellow and red. Teenage fashion sense.

cranmore course setting.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yessiree. That's them. I raced all events, including DH in those until I got a hand-me-down pair of heavily modified Langes.

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
I grew up working in a ski shop in Bozeman, MT. First as toilet scrubber, then to the wax room, then to tuning, and by 14, a tech. Learning to fit Scott boots was an adventure! It did, however, pay huge dividends in understanding boot fitting down the road when the Scott boot went the way of the buffalo. I also still have a pair of Scott Comps from the 80's that still serve me nicely! My Scott reps were some of the best I had, and always seemed to find the "next line" helping to lower my cost so I could kind of compete with the huge stores. Lastly, if any of you know, as I've been out of the "snow farming" business for around 15 years, when and why did Scott get out of the World Cup and USNT support. Back in the day, LEKI was a non player. Heck, Komperdell had a larger presence.
Thanks!
Bob

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Growing up my Dad and our family of four all skied Scotts for a few early seasons but they self-destructed... my Dad left the footbed latched into the bindings when he moved forward in a lifeline, his boot was now bottomless. The rest of us just developed cracks, even Mom who skied bunny runs her whole life.

Funny but now a days the company would be sued out of existence for claims of mental anguish, etc. It's amazing there wasn't a class action suit. Didn't attorneys ski in the 70s?

A year or two ago I went looking for a Scott USST slalom type ski pole to buy rather than a LEKI and couldn't find any online much less locally. They always were good poles and was hoping they were still made in USA. I mean Cebe goggles are still around, just not widely distributed in the USA.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Ah, the 'pointless' poles. They lived up to their name.

Unfortunately did not get the original grips.

View attachment 19526

View attachment 19528

Have you used them yet? These are the GS model. Are yours bent or straight? I met the creator/designer of these poles, Speedy Archer. He was also among the first to bend poles to match the body for speed events.

scott comps baskets.jpg
scott comps.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I realize I forgot to post these back when I got them. I used them for DH recently and like their length and fit. The LEKI DHs still are the best fit with their extra bend just below the grip to 'cock' the wrist for a more natural fit.

20160411_193018.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ah, the 'pointless' poles. They lived up to their name.

Have you used them yet? These are the GS model. Are yours bent or straight? I met the creator/designer of these poles, Speedy Archer. He was also among the first to bend poles to match the body for speed events.

View attachment 19537 View attachment 19538

Not yet. They are straight and 49 inches so they would ski like a 52 inches if you were to include a point on them. I usually use a 46 inch pole so it would not be a pretty sight. If I cut them down I would lose some graphics.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
length isn't the problem you have. the fatal flaw of these poles is that you can't Stick them into the snow so that they will stand by themselves. super annoying to have to bend down and pick up your poles all the time.

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
length isn't the problem you have. the fatal flaw of these poles is that you can't Stick them into the snow so that they will stand by themselves. super annoying to have to bend down and pick up your poles all the time.

That's what junior ski instructors or your kids are for, pole caddies

Sponsor

Staff online