• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
How to make a simple thing complicated ....
Salomon , for me , was a bindings maker and then branched and created the best ski boots in the business .
Skis ?
Not my favorites , by far !
Only exception : the BBR ... I love the BBR ... Wish they were a bit longer ...

In fact , what should be taken into account is the surface of the ski touching the snow . More than the length .

And it all depends on individual preferences !
Too bad for the PR ( Public Relation )

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
ogwink
I've still got some LAB GS with 877 Es and 80mm 1080s in my active quiver..
45437994_2355140477834810_834820296631386112_o.jpg

Bases on both are flawless, no repairs at all yet.
Also got a pair of Falcon boots to go with the Lab GS... in RED!
I need to show my wife your collection when she asks "how many skis do you have???". " Not as many as this" I reply.;)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
ogwink
I need to show my wife your collection when she asks "how many skis do you have???". " Not as many as this" I reply.;)
Pssst, there's a couple more pairs of fat skis in the back closet muh huh huh..

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
Pssst, there's a couple more pairs of fat skis in the back closet muh huh huh..
I also have a pair of Lab GS skis...I found them a little feral until I removed the pro- link do- dads on the top sheet...much more fun now. The PRE Dh skis are 215 and weigh less than the 165 slalom skis beside them with 916's . No plastic housings on these puppies!

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_155256.jpg
    IMG_20191109_155256.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20191109_155006.jpg
    IMG_20191109_155006.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 35

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
During my “ Certified Salomon Technician “ exam in the fall of ‘77 , the rep had a pair of 727’s in white or light grey. I never saw another pair in that color.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Euro model S9000 2S w/Salomon 957E and S92 Equipe
View attachment 9738
SX92 Racing
View attachment 9739

Just spotted this, in the strictest sense they're not Euro models

The skis were available here but the blue ski was the last generation of 'sample' [or prototype]. They were supplied to snowpros in the season before the orange ones went on sale. The orange was considered a controversial choice at the time.

The boot is an SX92 race as opposed to equipe, it had the SX91 type cuff closure. There was also a more serious iteration [or upgrade really] where the rear spoiler inster was replaced by a bolted in insert made from fibreglass with a weird crossing powerstrap. The internal pressure distribution plate was replaced by what was near an internal shell, almost a Raichle flex tongue which tucked under the flap on the front of the liner.

They were a serious boot in the day.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Noob on the site, came across this posting and had to laugh.
These are still out in the garage - loved them back when on east coast snow. Hated them in Chamonix.
View attachment 92930
I like that you have the correct bindings on them. I still think these are one of the best graphics ever.

Chojinchef

Booting up
Skier
Back then, I was repairing skis in the hole in the basement of a ski shop in Boston In between college classes. Had a couple more pairs of these undrilled until about 5 years ago when someone HAD to have them and paid well.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I skied some F9s this century. Bought them for $20. Skied them twice and gave them to a friend who needed skis. Excellent bump ski.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
59477a67014701.5b2aa9f202c24.jpg

A question around the boot that dare not speak it's name ... the integral. At the time when this was available there were also two 'under the counter' race variations:
  1. One used an integral type cuff but on a more traditional clog,
  2. The other was a sort of evolution but made to look Integral-ish.
Both of these pre date the first Salomon top of the line overlaps - desparately trying to remember that model name too.

Anyone have any images or intelligence on the non integral integrals ?

As an aside I suspect the integral would play much better now than way back when.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
59477a67014701.5b2aa9f202c24.jpg

A question around the boot that dare not speak it's name ... the integral. At the time when this was available there were also two 'under the counter' race variations:
  1. One used an integral type cuff but on a more traditional clog,
  2. The other was a sort of evolution but made to look Integral-ish.
Both of these pre date the first Salomon top of the line overlaps - desparately trying to remember that model name too.

Anyone have any images or intelligence on the non integral integrals ?

As an aside I suspect the integral would play much better now than way back when.
Paging @bud heishman to the Pugski courtesy phone.

Chojinchef

Booting up
Skier
Just out of curiousity, I tuned them up and took the SF92S out for a rip last weekend.
(please no warnings about using old equipment - I know)
Was like an old friend on the hard pack atop the ice cube known as Wachusett mountain. They carved well and were surprisingly quick under foot given their age. Threw on an old Degre 7 anorak and went full 1989 retro except for the new boots I have. Ahhh, nostalgia.

lots of looks from newer skiers seeing skinny rails at a 190 length and good conversation from other old guys who remember them. Even a guy on a pair of purple Rossignol 4G in a 203.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Old short thread with a bit of history. Never heard of Heavy Hitting films.

Salomon 1080 whistler binding.jpg

Salomon 1080 whistler tip.jpg
Salomon 1080 whistler.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
B91C4131-DA2F-43E8-9C8A-656593921918.jpeg

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The elusive 555 in orange...don’t remember seeing any on the snow and I forgot where this picture is from.