• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
IT'S BEEN SOLD! Thanks!!

Just posted this For Sale in Phil's Garage.

$35 shipped. Check out the posting there for details. Great looking and pretty close to mint!

IMG_6682.JPG

Last edited:

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Early this month , I was so lucky ...
i was in a second hand store close o my grocery store when I saw two tips jutting out of the lot of carving skis ...
I checked and - wow - a brand new pair of 1993 Salomon 9000 mounted with Salomon Équipe !!
203cm ....
Price : $12.99 Cdn

They fit my ski boots .... they are already in a ski bag , waiting for the slopes to open ...
Look at them !

007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Early this month , I was so lucky ...
i was in a second hand store close o my grocery store when I saw two tips jutting out of the lot of carving skis ...
I checked and - wow - a brand new pair of 1993 Salomon 9000 mounted with Salomon Équipe !!
203cm ....
Price : $12.99 Cdn

They fit my ski boots .... they are already in a ski bag , waiting for the slopes to open ...
Look at them !

View attachment 58194 View attachment 58195 View attachment 58196 View attachment 58197 View attachment 58198 View attachment 58199
Duuuude...FOUL. They are not 203cm..they are PR7 and you have the right ski displayed on the left and the left on the right. FOUL!!! ;)

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
How dare you !!!!
I demand reparation ...
A duel , yes , a duel !

Now ... I owned at some point Sarner with asymetric tips so I know what side they go but , home , I don't really care .
If they are not 203 , what are thy because I put them along my Dynamic 203 and they are exactly the same length ...
I will publish a picture within a few hours proving your incompetence .
And how can a PR7 (???) not be a 203 ....
Aren't we in an open civilization where we can decide to be a man or a woman or anything in between ... we can decide to love a man or a woman or the toaster ... I can use my BBR to ski ice and my Volkl Downhill to ski powder ... a PR7 ( ??? ) can be whatever he wants and for the time being he wants to be skied by me on the '' Pustule '' , the local ski hill .

Being the offended , I can choose the mean of the duel ...
Back in a few hours !!!

'' SLAP ! '' SLAP ! '' ( The sound of the glove hitting you from thousands of miles away )

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
002.JPG

Proof ... ladies and gentlemen ... proof !!

What more can I say ?

Now ... about the duel ...

Being the offended party , here is what I choose :

Both of us will have to submit the craziest photo taken not on a slope and not in the ''chalet'' but still in the ''resort'' .
We have until February 5th but can post anything before and multiples - the 5th being the close date .
Monsieur Pugski can open a specific subject for that duel so we can show the public .
And the public will ultimately decide ... note that I place myself in harm way as mr Pugski is well known while I am a nobody , a very old nobody .
A vote ?
If he wins , I will concede that the Salomon are not 203cm
If I win he will acknowledge my mastery of the metric system '' de visu '' . And work tirelessly , for the rest of his existence , to find me a pair of Toni Sailer .

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Dec 1995 - Salomon - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
The top pair looks like they had been used for some light telemark and had already been drilled for Salomon and plugged. So that was easy and they fit my boots but a little leery if the spring housing is plastic. The heel and the toe wings seem like carbon and one ski has a slight early rise. They may just wind up leaning on the wall. The other pair are in nice shape so I will take them out for a spin before I mount the bindings on something else.

DSC04694.JPG

Anyone know how the serial numbers work?
IMG_0457.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I spotted these at Whiteface today. They are SX 41 rear entire boot. The owner was kind enough to let me take the photo.
WP_20190228_13_56_54_Pro.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All metal bindings and DIN, good find.
The design is still older than I would want to ski...I would go back as far as a 957E/R just because of the longer wings. In fact there a still quite a few 957's out on the hill because the brakes can easily be swapped to a wider option

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I
The design is still older than I would want to ski...I would go back as far as a 957E/R just because of the longer wings. In fact there a still quite a few 957's out on the hill because the brakes can easily be swapped to a wider option
I think the 957 had some plastic in the heel, not sure about the E/R if they were all metal. Anyway since the Salomon wasn't my all time favorite compared to Tyrolia or Look it is nice to see the NOS of what was top of the line back in the day.

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

203 cm ???

I will not argue ... same as last pair .

Found in Ontario . A slight scratch on the bottom that I will repair but they are quite nice and ready to go on the slope ... well after some sharpening ...

$595 us in 1995 and deemed the best short turn ski by Skiing and SKI .

But I don't do short turns ! I like to go fast !!!
I will manage , for sure .

Snow on the ground now .

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 84020 View attachment 84021 View attachment 84022 View attachment 84023 View attachment 84024 View attachment 84025

203 cm ???

I will not argue ... same as last pair .

Found in Ontario . A slight scratch on the bottom that I will repair but they are quite nice and ready to go on the slope ... well after some sharpening ...

$595 us in 1995 and deemed the best short turn ski by Skiing and SKI .

But I don't do short turns ! I like to go fast !!!
I will manage , for sure .

Snow on the ground now .
If it is a PR8, it is about a 202-203, a PR8 in the Super Force 9.1 2S was a PR7 in a 9100 Equipe 2S. Personally I preferred the Super Force 9 graphics a bit better. This is a sweet set up. As a purist, is should have this binding but the yellow Equipe stood out nicely.
IMG_0368.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I bought a pair of SF 9s for 20 bucks and skied them one day before passing them off to someone else. It was a fun ride.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've still got some LAB GS with 877 Es and 80mm 1080s in my active quiver..
45437994_2355140477834810_834820296631386112_o.jpg

Bases on both are flawless, no repairs at all yet.
Also got a pair of Falcon boots to go with the Lab GS... in RED!

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I prefer the yellow ones ... Now what is the meaning of PR7 and PR8 ??
That was Salomon's "Power Rating" Skis were offered in a PR range of 3-8 with 8 being the longest. Example: A S9000 Equipe was available is a 1S, 2S and 3S. the 1S was the GS ski, point A to B, it would make 1 turn. 2S was the round turn SL, point A to B, it would make 2 turns, 3S was the J-Turn SL, (point A to B, it would make 3 turns. The 1S was a 212cm, the 2S, 205cm, 3S 202cm (lengths I am going by memory). The Force collection in the 2S PR8 was basically a S9000 in a PR7, a size down because it was a rund turn bump ski, so it wa skied a bit shorter. Now the Power Rating was based on ability, weight and agressiveness. More can be found here from Ski Magazine Sept 1990.
Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 4.58.26 PM.png