• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of my collection - can't believe I used to ski on boards that long!

Rossignol 7SK Dave Petersen Collection 100dpi.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yes, you could (it's just like riding a bike, it comes right back)
I do it and succeed at it every year. You even revert to old technique without thinking about it.
I guess you are correct, because I have often said once you know how to turn a ski the size of the ski that is on you foot should not matter because the muscle movement is the same maybe just a bit more effort for a longer ski. But that is for our traditional skis, I have not tested it for new skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
New addition to the collectiom. As a kid, this was one of the first skis I fell in love with because how the bases were the same as the topskin. I cannot think of another ski that has done this since. Bindings will get remounted so I can ski them. These are 170's

IMG_3330.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Now there's a great looking ski package :D

And still fun to get out on from time to time! Why won't you ski LOOK N57's???
(I do not approve leaving you heels cocked though...)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Now there's a great looking ski package :D

And still fun to get out on from time to time! Why won't you ski LOOK N57's???
(I do not approve leaving you heels cocked though...)
I didn't say I wouldn't ski the N57, i said they need remounted, they are set up for a 280mm (or so) boot. I will say, early N57's did break, I saw more than one toe shear of at the post.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Anybody interested in this? Pretty neat garment. It's a PHENIX branded jacket, back from the days when the USST, Norwegians and others used PHENIX stuff. This was a jacket issued to the Rossignol race reps.

Our son was a Rossi athlete at the time, and he was a better fit than the Eastern reps. Big younger kid, big reps....perfect. He loved it.

It's a Medium. The sleeves zip off to make it a vest. The can "stow" in the huge back pocket. The hood zips off as well. Is it perfect? No. It's in nice condition for vintage piece. It's probably 18 or so years old?

If you're interested, PM me. Not looking for a "big score." More like postage, a six-pack and a bottle of wine. Or maybe just a nice 12 pack, or..........

Let me know why you might be interested!

IMG_1603.jpg
IMG_1604.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

Skier
New addition to the collectiom. As a kid, this was one of the first skis I fell in love with because how the bases were the same as the topskin. I cannot think of another ski that has done this since. Bindings will get remounted so I can ski them. These are 170's

View attachment 48223 View attachment 48224
They look like they do not have many days of use on them. The Rossi Freestyle top sheet was known for cracking at the tip when skied frequently.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They look like they do not have many days of use on them. The Rossi Freestyle top sheet was known for cracking at the tip when skied frequently.
There are a few hairline cracks on these but you really have to look at a certain angle. the CM's that replaced the Freestyles were notorious for blowing up.

Uncle-A

Skier
There are a few hairline cracks on these but you really have to look at a certain angle. the CM's that replaced the Freestyles were notorious for blowing up.
I do remember the Rossi CM but we had only a few come back under warrantee, and we did sell a lot of them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I do remember the Rossi CM but we had only a few come back under warrantee, and we did sell a lot of them.
I had a High School buddy that broke more than a couple of pair.

Uncle-A

Skier
I had a High School buddy that broke more than a couple of pair.
How heavy was he and what size ski did he destroy . A lot of people skied that ski shorter than it was designed.

Uncle-A

Skier
@Philpug , that was the Williston, VT Rossignol factory.
Was that really an assembly plant because I seem to remember it more of a distribution center? I remember when President Ford was given a hard time about not skiing on an American made ski and the next photo of him skiing he was on a Rossi Vista I think that was Red White and Blue that said Made In USA. A bit of a surprise when he could have had a K2, Olin, or Hexcel.

Sponsor