• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
IMG_20180811_110313257.jpg
ST Comp/727E was my set up in High School, it was a great combo.
Here they are in all of their glory.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 50873
Here they are in all of their glory.
They look like they are in good shape, might be skiable? They are the early 727's pre DIN but would not be an issue for a die hard vintage ski person. If they are early enough the heels might be metal, that would be a good thing.

Last edited:

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
We used to make trips to that facility in Williston, VT quite a bit in the late 90's and until about 2004, when we had at least one child racing on Rossi. I know that their US {actually North American} race room/warehouse was located there until Quicksilver bought the brand {along with Dynastar} and both were moved to Park City. I think that was about 2005-2006. I don't know what's become of the building. It was big.....for Vermont.

It also seemed to me like the manufacturing plant had been mothballed for a long time when we were visiting. I'm guessing mid-eighties may have been when that stopped. As I recall the industry took a bit of a downturn at that time, and some companies {Rossi being one} had manufactured so many skis that they had a lot of inventory that they were sitting on.

All sorts of work went on there, including design work. A lot of reps, including the US race guys, were "based" out of that location, etc. Seems like a LONG time ago. When Quicksilver made the move, it as very unpopular. I think their employment numbers were pretty low by then, but a lot of people lost their jobs. Maybe 50? In the late seventies and early eighties I recall a much bigger staff.

It sure cut down on shipping expense when you could pick what you wanted, and take it with you!

Yes there was a plant in Williston that was complete but basically dormant when I was a "truck" driver for them in the eighties. We did build some skis, lay new tops, repair, etc. etc. The Race room was based there as well and had all sorts of cool things.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Should we have an "All Things Garcia"???

That's my plan, but first I'm going back and cleaning up a lot of existing items in Photoshop.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI RACING Jan 1989 - Pugski - Dave Petersen Collection.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Sept 1998 - Rossignol - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Nov 1997 - AJ Kitt - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKIING Nov 1997 - Rossignol - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I finally got out on some vintage this year. (thanks to Lowell for the LOOK bindings) I did a side by side comparo between the original STRATO 102 and the later STRATO 105. both 200 cm. and mounting points about 3mm different. both were fun to ski but I preferred the 102's. they had a more even flex pattern. I felt I had to really "press" on the tails of the 105 to get them to bend. the 102 felt more natural and easier to vary the turn shape. I can see why they were popular in their day. now I just have to do a bit of rearranging to fit them on the ski wall.

20181216_135025.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Rossignol just put up a bit of a retrospective on their .fr site Rossignol in 10 key dates.
It is all in French and I was not going to run it through Google translate. But thanks for sharing, I was wondering if their web site has a English version or even some other language since they are a global company.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It is all in French and I was not going to run it through Google translate.

Eh, most of the content is pictures, but you are right they are in french. And the proof is: No other nation would tour Citroen DS19 Safaris with a skier in a tuck on the roof.

:roflmao:

Fr-Rossignol-origins-history_fresque.jpg

I was wondering if their web site has a English version or even some other language since they are a global company.

Here you go.

Sponsor