• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is my FiL in his old prized 960's
IMG_0252.JPG

sc0000e4dd.jpg

Don

Booting up
Skier
My first plastic boot was a Raichle Jet, an intermediate boot but quite an upgrade from the leather with bolted on JetStix! Then I had an RX8 in the mid 80, moved to a Flexon in the 90s. I've got quite a collection of Flexons and now a Krypton Pro!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
These Raichle "Frankenboots" belong to my buddy Hugh Finerty (part-time Vail ski instructor).

Frankenboots... 2018 Full Tilt Classic Shell, 1985 Raichle Flexon Comp Tongues, New Custom Harb Ski Shop foot beds, 6 year old Zip Fit Custom Liners, 4 year old Hot Tronics boot heaters.
Hugh Finerty Ski Boots - Raichle.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
These Raichle "Frankenboots" belong to my buddy Hugh Finerty (part-time Vail ski instructor).

Frankenboots... 2018 Full Tilt Classic Shell, 1985 Raichle Flexon Comp Tongues, New Custom Harb Ski Shop foot beds, 6 year old Zip Fit Custom Liners, 4 year old Hot Tronics boot heaters.
View attachment 47580
Did your friend Hugh Finerty share the reason for all the mix and match of parts to assemble that boot?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Did your friend Hugh Finerty share the reason for all the mix and match of parts to assemble that boot?

I’ll have to ask him.

Uncle-A

Skier
They're gone. Took that photo a month ago. Think they were a men's 7
That is small, it might be the smallest adult boot size. Anything smaller might be a Jr boot. Mine are size 9 and 27 in the Full Tilt, see photo on earlier page this thread.

dpost7

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Quick Question for anyone who might know. I have a pair of Raichle Flexon's and they are Red with a Grey tongue. I am trying to figure out how old they might be. I don't think Flexon Comps as they say nothing on them. I want to say mid 80's but just not sure......any help would be great.

1674005301562.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Quick Question for anyone who might know. I have a pair of Raichle Flexon's and they are Red with a Grey tongue. I am trying to figure out how old they might be. I don't think Flexon Comps as they say nothing on them. I want to say mid 80's but just not sure......any help would be great.

View attachment 189457
My guess is late 80's, mine are mid 80's and they are black and red with the plastic being a flat dull finish. I am sure there is a couple of photos of mine up thread. Post number 16. The smooth glossy finish plastic was later in the 80's.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online