• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Didn't he write a more 'adult'' themed ski book too - Snowballing?

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
97260549_10158143687784318_3618749021939564544_o.jpg

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I wonder what year that is from, and they look like something from Hanson.

It's a shot from Kneissl, I think it's very late 70s. If you look closely you can see the Kneissl star and mark on the tail, I m sure I have a version of it somewhere.

Curiously it's pre Salomon 'monocoque'/Volant/Elan MBX but is at least visually a 'cap'.

No way you could make the setup work tho'.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I wonder what year that is from, and they look like something from Hanson.
It's a shot from Kneissl, I think it's very late 70s. If you look closely you can see the Kneissl star and mark on the tail, I m sure I have a version of it somewhere.

Curiously it's pre Salomon 'monocoque'/Volant/Elan MBX but is at least visually a 'cap'.

No way you could make the setup work tho'.
Yep see the star on the tip. K2, Hanson/Hexcel, Olin,and a few others were pushing to integrate or at least package/brand skis and boots together. Other efforts to integrate boots and bindings together, Spademan, Look..
Remember these?
1591652580874.png

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yep see the star on the tip. K2, Hanson/Hexcel, Olin,and a few others were pushing to integrate or at least package/brand skis and boots together. Other efforts to integrate boots and bindings together, Spademan, Look..
Remember these?
View attachment 104132

Oh the truly horrible Integral by by Look, I thought I'd managed to delete that from my memory bank but you go and....:geek:.

It was really a rental system, no boot sole adjustment needed. They also had some spurious it's easier to walk in because it rolls justification. Seem to remember that Geze worked on something similar [before they were joined up].

Of course you're right but the ski and boot thing was really not that much different from Head, Atomic and Salomon these days - one stop shop. The Spademan thing was different [I remain a huge fan of the Spademan concep but part of the deal was that the plates were such a pain in the backside to fit to any other boot. We ended up having threaded plates machined for inside the boot to fit under the bootboard [which had to be cut] to stop the things pulling out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Speaking of books, this arrived today..
1592263043667.png

The Amazon listing didn't say it was signed. But, it is!
1592263094550.png

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lambo 200s SG competition undrilled. Found these on my regular trapline that I have not visited for a few months. In a smallish town in the rain in a rack with another dozen forgettable skis. They don't ever get covered. They are in fantastic shape at first glance but are un skiable. Have not been collecting much anymore as my new criteria for collecting is under $20, no shipping, do they have LOOK pivot parts, very unusual or very skiable. Don't think I am man enough for these feels like some heavy metal. They were $10 CAN funds. I recall Lamborghini made the Sylvan Saudan skis that were posted a while back maybe even in this thread. These have a full length groove which may seem unusual that World Cup SG started in '82 and thought all the grooves had disappeared by then.

IMG_2208 (2).JPG

IMG_2211 (2).JPG

De lam underfoot on both skis and vertical cracks in the sidewall the whole length both side both skis
IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

James

Out There
Instructor
Lambo 200s SG competition undrilled. Found these on my regular trapline that I have not visited for a few months. In a smallish town in the rain in a rack with another dozen forgettable skis. They don't ever get covered. They are in fantastic shape at first glance but are un skiable. Have not been collecting much anymore as my new criteria for collecting is under $20, no shipping, do they have LOOK pivot parts, very unusual or very skiable. Don't think I am man enough for these feels like some heavy metal. They were $10 CAN funds. I recall Lamborghini made the Sylvan Saudan skis that were posted a while back maybe even in this thread. These have a full length groove which may seem unusual that World Cup SG started in '82 and thought all the grooves had disappeared by then.

View attachment 146895

View attachment 146896

De lam underfoot on both skis and vertical cracks in the sidewall the whole length both side both skis
View attachment 146901

View attachment 146900
Any indication of who made them or what country?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

View attachment 146895

View attachment 146896

View attachment 146901

View attachment 146900
It seems 200 is short for a SG ski?

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any indication of who made them or what country?
Made in Italy on the tail. I did read some details about the man who actually had them made but as far as I could discern actually made by Lamborghini.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
#9 · May 15, 2013

I was at the Lamborghini Family Museum on Monday, and Fabio Lamborghini showed us many sets of ski's that were made by Ferruccio and branded Lamborghini. The history in this museum is amazing, Ferruccio made many different things apart from the super cars. I have no idea of the expected value.
Regards
Mike

Only one poor picture of skis but did not know Lamborghini started out making tractors. Interesting tour.

We learned that Lamborghini made everything from skis to helicopters.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
#9 · May 15, 2013

I was at the Lamborghini Family Museum on Monday, and Fabio Lamborghini showed us many sets of ski's that were made by Ferruccio and branded Lamborghini. The history in this museum is amazing, Ferruccio made many different things apart from the super cars. I have no idea of the expected value.
Regards
Mike

Only one poor picture of skis but did not know Lamborghini started out making tractors. Interesting tour.

We learned that Lamborghini made everything from skis to helicopters.
@Joal

Yes a tractor manufacturer. It is alleged that he bought a car from a Signor Ferrari and he didn't like certain aspects of the finished product. To which
Ferrari replied snarkly, "If you think you can build a better one, do it!" So he did...

And the rest is history!

James

Out There
Instructor
I toured the Lambo factory maybe a dozen yrs ago. The coolest thing was the plastic panels they put on the cars to protect the body. They should’ve come out with an urban car or a new LM with those on it.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Dalbello, Steve McKinney
04A5BB24-EA5F-4ADC-AC91-DDA962A9E65D.jpeg

Sponsor