• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd lose that contest! My garage is the only place that I don't have skis!!!! :D

I keep my skis in THE SKI ROOM or displayed around the house. The only skis in the garage are ones I am working on or planning to make something out of.

Of course I have 2 chairlift chairs in the garage.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
So who has the most skis in their garage?

It would not be polite to say but reminds me of something Ernest Tubb (the Texas Troubadour) said on an album I have. This is not exact. Someone asked him once : What y'all got in Texas your so dog gone proud of? Tubb replies: Don't worry about what we got, just think of how much we got of it.

How about part 2 the lower half of those skis?

I should have done it but most of the skis are tucked away again. Maybe when I get a little time again.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I keep my skis in THE SKI ROOM or displayed around the house. The only skis in the garage are ones I am working on or planning to make something out of.

Of course I have 2 chairlift chairs in the garage.

The good ones are scattered around the house not in any showcase or display, just leaning here and there. The bulk are in a corner of the basement and third string are out in the garage.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
my daughter made these for me for fathers day. nice heavy cotton pocket tees. I know, I've been slow to post up. I wanted to post in the Dynastar thread but I don't like the new format at all. How can you tell when someone posts something new? for me, the "all things X" threads are essentially dead. oh well.

20180727_174812.jpg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
my daughter made these for me for fathers day. nice heavy cotton pocket tees. I know, I've been slow to post up. I wanted to post in the Dynastar thread but I don't like the new format at all. How can you tell when someone posts something new? for me, the "all things X" threads are essentially dead. oh well.

Yes, we will have to look into that!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 49831
It easy, just click on the Dynastar logo in Retrospect. If you are looking to see what has been posted in some of your favorite threads, there is a "New Posts" link at the top of every forum, these there is a "Recent Posts" which is similar but where New Posts shows you the threads that you haven't viewed, Recent Posts will show those threads but also the ones that you might have viewed too. There is also a "Watching" feature that will allow you to notifications when someone replies to a specific thread or forum.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Royal

Here are the steps to "Watch" a forum

>History & Retrospect
>> Retrospect and Ski Industry Index by Brand
>>>click on any Brand ie Dynastar
>>>click on "Gear Heritage, Museum, and "All Things..." just above "All Things Dynastar"
>>>>click on "Watch Forum"
>>>>>click on how you want notifications, e-mail or notices.

Yes, it might be an extra step or two initially but overall the logo page has been a rounding success in every other manner that people do not have to look for a Graves or a Molnar that might be on page 4, 6 9 or whatever.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Salewa Skis from Germany

20180817_162935_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163009_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163009_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163029_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163037_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163458_Alpstrausse.jpg

20180817_163507_Alpstrausse.jpg

Sorry about the image quality. I didn't want to use a flash. The bases are just as they appear; the colors are in the plastic, not wax. Kind of interesting for an 1960's wood ski. Reminds me of Volant's zebra bases.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Doug Briggs, the star on the tips look rather familiar. Wonder if there was a little Kneissel in the family there? Those are very interesting bases for that time frame.

Good find.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
WINTER EQUINOX First two pics are posters 27" x 40". First one is black maybe to promote the film itself. Second one is blue maybe to promote the album which is blue. Third and fourth pic is the album. Fifth pic is a handbill 8 1/2" x 11" "COMING SOON!". I wish it was. Does anyone know anything about the re-release of this movie? The fellow working on it was posting on Epicski for awhile and I think was facing some serious health issues.

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

DSC04692.JPG

DSC04691.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Original release or re-release. Can someone tell me where I can obtain a copy of Winter Equinox? I have yet to see this minor classic.

The 1970s will never die.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
No, not THE SKI, The Ski. 1927 poem by Gifford Sibley. The text in the main body seems to have a beginning and an end and the italicized two lines below might have been added at some point to promote the Northland Monarch ski. Idle speculation only but the poem really expresses a thrill of skiing not much different from today despite the lack of high tech equipment.

View attachment 12104

No, not THE SKI, The Ski

"Get Smart" reference?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
No, but "missed it by that much."

Get Smart had something like "Not the craw, the craw!" ...I watched a lot of tv as a kid. :D

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
FREEZE Nov 1997 - Squaw - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SKI Feb 1982 - Hang Ten - Pugski - Petersen.jpg

Not certain but this reminds me of the artwork of the artist who did the cover for Warren Miller's "Ski Time".