• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My trail map collection - all mint condition - probably 99.999 percent never unfolded (I always grabbed extras).

Trail Map Collection - Dave Petersen 100 dpi.jpg

Petersen Collection of Trail Maps - bins.jpg

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier
From my collection -
View attachment 11798
I think SKI SAVER's demise started with cap skis (didn't wrap well to the rounded edges), and scuff resistant top sheets pretty much did the company in. At least I don't think they are still in business.

Skis needed a flat top surface with square edges for SKI SAVER to work well.
I got this fitted on my first ever new skis, the dynastar vertical assaults above my garage door.

I suppose this was the ancestor of helicopter tape.
20180611_163126.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I finally got to go through the pile. Some interesting things but nothing in really nice shape. Dynastar GS Forza din 7-15 may be the best chance at being skiable. Never have seen K2 dancing skeletons before no other graphics on them. The Fusions are apparently a lady specific ski made by Kazama. LOOK ZR on the Tyrolias are din 5-13.

IMG_0190.JPG

DSC04672.JPG

DSC04673.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I finally got to go through the pile. Some interesting things but nothing in really nice shape. Dynastar GS Forza din 7-15 may be the best chance at being skiable. Never have seen K2 dancing skeletons before no other graphics on them. The Fusions are apparently a lady specific ski made by Kazama. LOOK ZR on the Tyrolias are din 5-13.

View attachment 48933
View attachment 48934
View attachment 48935
What are the Rossi's on the ground next to the 4S's? They look like the most recent Stratos.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
What are the Rossi's on the ground next to the 4S's? They look like the most recent Stratos.

Don't recall, I will be going through the pile again sometime.

looks like 4/5 pairs of possibly reusable LOOKS.

Very useable at first glance at least. AFDs missing, couple of bent arms on the heel pieces One is so bent it won't turn but I have spare brakes if I can get them apart. There is some corrosion around the threads so am still waiting to see if WD40 is going to help. The heel is quite chewed from pole releases so maybe not worth the effort and still need to have a look at the springs.

DSC04678.JPG

sjjohnston

Putting on skis
Skier
The graphic on the tail seems to identify their model as "SX 924 Competition." A Google search reveals a number of posts referring to this model, none of which are in English. Presumably a non-American model ... perhaps called a Strato in the US?

I had those ST650s in the mid '70s. Well ... not those specific ones. At least not likely.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

View attachment 48933
View attachment 48934
View attachment 48935
The K2 graphic is a Grateful Dead tribute, Tim Petrick is a huge Deadhead. They did quite a few different ones, though I have never seen that ski before. Skilogik made a really beautiful Deadski, but are probably all up on walls now. K2 also started a related trademark called Lunatic Fringe Gravity Control Devices, but I don't think it went far.
I may have some examples of a few of these motifs. @Doug Briggs has a set of K2's with a genuine JGarcia watercolor print.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The graphic on the tail seems to identify their model as "SX 924 Competition." A Google search reveals a number of posts referring to this model, none of which are in English. Presumably a non-American model ... perhaps called a Strato in the US?

I had those ST650s in the mid '70s. Well ... not those specific ones. At least not likely.
The ST 650 was one of the most popular skis of it day and I sold a ton of them.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
The K2 graphic is a Grateful Dead tribute, Tim Petrick is a huge Deadhead. They did quite a few different ones, though I have never seen that ski before. Skilogik made a really beautiful Deadski, but are probably all up on walls now. K2 also started a related trademark called Lunatic Fringe Gravity Control Devices, but I don't think it went far.
I may have some examples of a few of these motifs. @Doug Briggs has a set of K2's with a genuine JGarcia watercolor print.

Right, dancing skeletons, that should have rang a bell. I read a really fine article about how Tim came up with the Grateful Dead ski but cannot find it now. I thought there were only 3 versions plus the Jerry Garcia ski and the Olin Dead ski. Perhaps mine are an early unlicensed tribute ski.

Sponsor

Staff online