• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I rarely walk across parking lots without them.. And parking at the places I go when I go can be shuttle bus brutal! These will be hanging on the cable lock on the railing outside the lodge until time to schlep back to the car out in BFE. Carrying a transpack/boot bag or boots on a string and skis/poles for half a mile each way or on the shuttle bus, especially with two whining young teens is a no go..
yaktrax-skitrax-ski-boot-protection-18.gif

Retro boots have old school Cat Tracks..
images
$_86.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The best ski book from the 70's was How the Racers Ski by Warren Witherell.

I have the ATHLETIC SKIER by Warren Witherell & David Evrard.

Ski Book Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I rarely walk across parking lots without them.. And parking at the places I go when I go can be shuttle bus brutal! These will be hanging on the cable lock on the railing outside the lodge until time to schlep back to the car out in BFE. Carrying a transpack/boot bag or boots on a string and skis/poles for half a mile each way or on the shuttle bus, especially with two whining young teens is a no go..
yaktrax-skitrax-ski-boot-protection-18.gif

Retro boots have old school Cat Tracks..
images
$_86.JPG

The trouble I have had with CAT TRACKS is they get brittle and break. Had one break in half a few years ago in Whistler.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The trouble I have had with CAT TRACKS is they get brittle and break. Had one break in half a few years ago in Whistler.
The Yak Trax brand SkiTrax are much softer rubber, like car tires..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've got a red TehcniSki, not the yellow magnisium one but it is pretty solid still. It's pretty much like skiing a monoboard on pavement, works the feel for your inside edge if inside foot each turn.. I need to take it out for the annual laps down the hill around the corner.

Board.jpg

Tony Warren

Me on the left, The Padre on the right
Skier
I have the ATHLETIC SKIER by Warren Witherell & David Evrard.

Thank you. The indispensable second version. Warren was an early adopter of the idea of boot balancing. I went from a D racer to an A racer in one season after I got my boots properly sorted out. I still ski 4.5 degrees inside right ski and 3 degrees inside left ski.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think Burns could have been inspired by the Partridge Family. He could have seen the fun embodied in the graphics that he wanted in his skis but studied Mondrian when he laid the graphics down.

DSC03883.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My collection of ski gloves through the years -

Ski Gloves Petersen.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Doppelmayr 2006 - cool book with their lift and tram projects.

Lift 1.jpg

Lift 2.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Petersen collection - Pugski.jpg

In addition to my SKI and SKIING Magazine collection -

POWDER
Petersen ski mags 1.jpg

FREEZE and FREESKIER
Petersen ski mags 2.jpg

SNOW COUNTRY
Petersen ski mags 3.jpg

SKI AREA MANAGEMENT and SKI HERITAGE
Petersen ski mags 4.jpg

Some of my DVD and Video collection from a few years ago -
Petersen Ski Movies.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^^If I had that much ski content overkill, I'm pretty sure there would be some marriage counseling workbooks in there somewhere hahahahaha!!!

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have a Hertel waxer also and it works pretty well but it lays on a little thick and if left on too long the flexible sleeve stretches and so does not roll on wax evenly. I took a chance on this Toko waxer. This thing works perfectly. It takes half hour to warm up properly but the motor turns the drum slowly and when you push a ski against the rotation of the drum I get a thin even application of wax.
DSC03900.JPG

DSC03897.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^^If I had that much ski content overkill, I'm pretty sure there would be some marriage counseling workbooks in there somewhere hahahahaha!!!
My wife is cool with it.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Hertel waxer also and it works pretty well but it lays on a little thick and if left on too long the flexible sleeve stretches and so does not roll on wax evenly. I took a chance on this Toko waxer. This thing works perfectly. It takes half hour to warm up properly but the motor turns the drum slowly and when you push a ski against the rotation of the drum I get a thin even application of wax. View attachment 12098

View attachment 12099

That's the issue I had with my Hertel Hot Waxer, so I switched to a ski iron long ago.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My wife is cool with it.
The fact that there are three pairs of retro skis and ten vintage skateboards prominently displayed in the LIVING ROOM proves Mrs crgildart can also be "cool with it" within reason. I did have to give up the music studio and put the drum kit in storage so the kids can each have their own room. She's put her foot down about 90% of all family trips being centered around skiing or camping, things she does not enjoy in the least. She's loves going to state parks and historic venues but must have air conditioned hotel/motel in the summer and no mountain road driving in the winter so she doesn't go on ski trips anymore.. Tried it a couple times and did the lodge mom gig when the kids were really little. Now that they are also out on the mountain she'd rather stay home alone than tag along and be alone while we're out skiing.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The fact that there are three pairs of retro skis and ten vintage skateboards prominently displayed in the LIVING ROOM proves Mrs crgildart can also be "cool with it" within reason. I did have to give up the music studio and put the drum kit in storage so the kids can each have their own room. She's put her foot down about 90% of all family trips being centered around skiing or camping, things she does not enjoy in the least. She's loves going to state parks and historic venues but must have air conditioned hotel/motel in the summer and no mountain road driving in the winter so she doesn't go on ski trips anymore.. Tried it a couple times and did the lodge mom gig when the kids were really little. Now that they are also out on the mountain she'd rather stay home alone than tag along and be alone while we're out skiing.

My wife loves the mountains but prefers summer to winter. While in college and graduate school she first worked at the YMCA camp in Estes Park, then worked at the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico where she led hikes in the mountains (and slept in a tent all summer for quite a few years). She also did some fire line work for forest fires.

I do get her on skis a couple times a year, but that's about it. In the past she did ski more -- she has skied New Mexico which I never have.

image.jpeg

A couple weeks ago in Vail...

IMG_3783.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online