skipress

Booting up
Skier
Didn't he write a more 'adult'' themed ski book too - Snowballing?

skipress

Booting up
Skier
I wonder what year that is from, and they look like something from Hanson.
It's a shot from Kneissl, I think it's very late 70s. If you look closely you can see the Kneissl star and mark on the tail, I m sure I have a version of it somewhere.

Curiously it's pre Salomon 'monocoque'/Volant/Elan MBX but is at least visually a 'cap'.

No way you could make the setup work tho'.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I wonder what year that is from, and they look like something from Hanson.
It's a shot from Kneissl, I think it's very late 70s. If you look closely you can see the Kneissl star and mark on the tail, I m sure I have a version of it somewhere.

Curiously it's pre Salomon 'monocoque'/Volant/Elan MBX but is at least visually a 'cap'.

No way you could make the setup work tho'.
Yep see the star on the tip. K2, Hanson/Hexcel, Olin,and a few others were pushing to integrate or at least package/brand skis and boots together. Other efforts to integrate boots and bindings together, Spademan, Look..
Remember these?
1591652580874.png

skipress

Booting up
Skier
Yep see the star on the tip. K2, Hanson/Hexcel, Olin,and a few others were pushing to integrate or at least package/brand skis and boots together. Other efforts to integrate boots and bindings together, Spademan, Look..
Remember these?
View attachment 104132
Oh the truly horrible Integral by by Look, I thought I'd managed to delete that from my memory bank but you go and....:geek:.

It was really a rental system, no boot sole adjustment needed. They also had some spurious it's easier to walk in because it rolls justification. Seem to remember that Geze worked on something similar [before they were joined up].

Of course you're right but the ski and boot thing was really not that much different from Head, Atomic and Salomon these days - one stop shop. The Spademan thing was different [I remain a huge fan of the Spademan concep but part of the deal was that the plates were such a pain in the backside to fit to any other boot. We ended up having threaded plates machined for inside the boot to fit under the bootboard [which had to be cut] to stop the things pulling out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Speaking of books, this arrived today..
1592263043667.png

The Amazon listing didn't say it was signed. But, it is!
1592263094550.png

Staff online