• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
Anyone remember the M-500 binding or have a set in their collection?
This add is from 1972 and they are claiming World's 'first step in binding BUT the Look Grand Prix heels had been around for close to a decade at that point so maybe the claim is first American made?
@Mack , @Joal , @Royal , @Lowell Watson , @ Bueller

View attachment 53267

I have a pair of these bindings. I think i posted pics here. maybe it was on epic. I'll post up pics again tonight.

Royal

UTAH
Skier
as promised here are the 500's I do not need to keep these anyone interested can PM me.

20170321_191113.jpg
20170321_191150.jpg
20170321_191058.jpg

Royal

UTAH
Skier
these are not new in box. they were on some GLM miller skis. but I did clean them up. they are lower quality than a LOOK nevada. I don't think I would ski on them.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks @Royal ! Just got them today. Man, are they fugly. Looks like Soviet era design and casting. Royal, you mentioned you wouldn't ski them but they are very clean, the screws look brand new and I see a bit of fresh clean grease. Were you thinking of it? Or is it just the normal good service you provide when sending anything out? ogsmile I think I might give them a go if I can find some suitably ugly skis to put them on.

IMG_0358.JPG

There is one interesting feature. Step out of the binding by pushing the tab on the side with your ski pole disengaging a pin into the cam.

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I was thinking of skiing them and did a dismantle and cleaning. Reasons for not skiing (other than a cruise down a green run) would be the lack of elasticity in the toe and I'm not sure I trust the little pin. and they are fugly.

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
I noticed a lot of miller stuff just seems to be rebranded stuff. I'll have to get better pics of these but they just have a miller sticker on the back.

2DCE6271-28BA-4D1E-BDFF-683DB67AF3DD_1_105_c.jpeg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Golden Holz with Miller bindings

golden holz.jpg
golden holz - miller bindings.jpg
golden holz - tips.jpg

I have the plates for the boots, too.

Dave H.

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have at least one complete set of Miller bindings....maybe even two. My Dad sold them for a couple of years.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Thanks @Royal ! Just got them today. Man, are they fugly. Looks like Soviet era design and casting. Royal, you mentioned you wouldn't ski them but they are very clean, the screws look brand new and I see a bit of fresh clean grease. Were you thinking of it? Or is it just the normal good service you provide when sending anything out? ogsmile I think I might give them a go if I can find some suitably ugly skis to put them on.

View attachment 54552

There is one interesting feature. Step out of the binding by pushing the tab on the side with your ski pole disengaging a pin into the cam.

View attachment 54553

View attachment 54554
Joal, I'm not sure if my communications are making it to you, but I really want to model these, could I borrow a toe/heel for awhile?

Sponsor

Staff online