• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
What, No mention of the EPIC(did I just write that) road trip to retrieve the above skis? c'mon, let us know what these were really worth to you by telling "the rest of the story";):D

:popcorn:

No need to let people know how far along the spectrum I am with my disorder. I will say this. The skis were in Sooke BC on Vancouver Island and involved a 3 hour return ferry ride. Pretty place, lots of windy back country roads, very rural. Easy to get lost which I did twice. It will be a long time before I go on a trip for skis like that again.

Franzz

Ἀνερρίφθω κύϐος
Skier
miller_zps8xpcw3qn.jpg

Is this relevant?)

Royal

UTAH
Skier
I've wanted to post a pic of this for years but there were a bunch of trees blocking a clear view. but the trees have been cut down. so here it is, the original MILLER factory in Orem,Utah. not sure what is in there now. evolution was there for a while and then some snowboard manufacturing.

20180127_130828.jpg

Vintageski808

Old ski fanatic born too late
Skier
IMG_0386.jpg

Sadly I pasted the factory just last week and half the sign had been taken done. Here's a NOS pair of Hot shots I sold to a couple who collects.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well used but not abused although the 170s have a bit of reverse camber : ) Not nearly soft as the yellow Softs I posted earlier, $7 for both.

170, 180s 95-78-85
IMG_0226.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
From the collection of Gregg Glasco - an awesome 1972 Miller Catalog (shared from ELITE SKIING with permission of Gregg Glasco).

Glasco Miller 1.jpg

Glasco Miller 2.jpg

Glasco Miller 3.jpg

Glasco Miller 4.jpg

Glasco Miller 5.jpg

Glasco Miller 6.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
...CONTINUED From the collection of Gregg Glasco - an awesome 1972 Miller Catalog (shared from ELITE SKIING with permission of Gregg Glasco).

Glasco Miller 7.jpg

Glasco Miller 8.jpg

Glasco Miller 9.jpg

Glasco Miller 10.jpg

Glasco Miller 11.jpg

Glasco Miller 12.jpg

Glasco Miller 13.jpg

Glasco Miller 14.jpg

Glasco Miller 15.jpg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Anyone remember the M-500 binding or have a set in their collection?
This add is from 1972 and they are claiming World's 'first step in binding BUT the Look Grand Prix heels had been around for close to a decade at that point so maybe the claim is first American made?
@Mack , @Joal , @Royal , @Lowell Watson , @ Bueller

Miller M-500.jpg

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone remember the M-500 binding or have a set in their collection?
This add is from 1972 and they are claiming World's 'first step in binding BUT the Look Grand Prix heels had been around for close to a decade at that point so maybe the claim is first American made?
@Mack , @Joal , @Royal , @Lowell Watson , @ Bueller

View attachment 53267

Those would be quite a "get". I don't think that claim is referring to the M-500 if that is what you are inferring. They are not saying the M-500 is the first, only that the maker of the first is presenting the M-500. It still can be argued who made the first step-in, or as the wording on the box says more ambiguously "step-in type.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Those would be quite a "get". I don't think that claim is referring to the M-500 if that is what you are inferring. They are not saying the M-500 is the first, only that the maker of the first is presenting the M-500. It still can be argued who made the first step-in, or as the wording on the box says more ambiguously "step-in type.

Those are some odd looking bindings.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider

Well if anyone has a pair of these, it would be @Mack !!! :D

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did the Union ski boots ever make it to production? Has anyone seen them in the flesh? or skied them?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Did the Union ski boots ever make it to production? Has anyone seen them in the flesh? or skied them?

I was wondering that as well. I had never heard of them until I saw Gregg Glasco's post.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online